1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont you love being a Veedubber....

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by MeMatt, Aug 3, 2021.

1. MeMatt

MeMatt Active Member

Dont you just love the vibe of being a VW person....
    Whilst washing n waxing the toyota and cleaning n polishing the kombi, the postie stopped to give our dog a treat. He then started chatting to me about my kombi -its normally not home during the day (nor am I)....
    Turns out he has a 59 beetle and we wave to each other quite often on the road. He has owned his for 40+ years and has mates with various VW's too -including a 21 window that needs a resto....
    This chat went on for 30mins talking about this n that and various other stuff here in the northern Illawarra...

Most weekends elderly neighbours from around the block all stop to say hello and tell me the same stories about a kombi or beetle they once owned.
    So many waves and smiles every day.

Gotta love the vibe that a VW has.....

KahunaKombi, Mordred, Borgey and 10 others like this.
  2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Yeah - know what you mean.

I live on a semi-main road.
    Everyone knows my kombis. I live near a bus stop lots of people walking past wanting a chin wag

MeMatt and Syncro27 like this.
  3. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hey MeMatt,

Most post 50 yr olds have a connection to VW's somewhere in their past. I'm old but VW's were an iconic vehicle that helped 'build Australia'.

Sorta was the German Holden;):).

I love a postie that keeps the neighborhood informed;):)!!

They all did when we had more time:cool:!!!

Cheers

KahunaKombi, MeMatt and oldman like this.
  4. Kazz

Kazz Well-Known Member

Our very first Bus Stop at Griffith while doing Kombi races a women said to me
    “we are members of the Land Cruiser Club but it’s not a much fun as you guys are having”

Mordred, melissa, Grantus and 4 others like this.