Door handle and hinges 76 bay

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by mr happy, Dec 1, 2017.

1. mr happy

mr happy Member

Guys,
    Some of you will know that I've been looking round for a passenger door for a 76 bay. So far I've been unsuccessful in getting hold of a good straight door with minimal rust. As a result I'm thinking of reskinning my damaged door which was in superb condition prior to a relatively minor nearside front corner prang. The door inner frame has almost no damage so i can use the drivers side door as a datum to get it back very close to OEM. I understand it will be a bit of a mess about but providing the after market skins are of a "reasonable" standard with a bit of time and effort i should be able to end up with a good rust free useable door.
    I know the hinges changed around 75 but just wanted to check that if i can get hold of a new skin that the handle will be in the correct position as I'm sure i've read somewhere that at some point there was a change.
    Anyone confirm or exclude this?
    Also even getting a skin at the moment over here in Australia is hardwork but i may be able to get an IGP one from the uk, i know the klokks are to be avoided but advice on any others that are either good or bad plus where i might get one would be great,

Cheers people

Mr H

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

grumble and mr happy like this.