1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Butane Stoves

Discussion in 'Camping Australia' started by Syncro27, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Starting to think camping season again and this led me to try and eliminate the need to carry a gas bottle - hence the look for a double butane fuelled stove.

I noticed Rays outdoors have one for sale but it doesnt include a carry case. These things get very messy when well used and hence the case is a must when packed in with the doona and the clothes in the kombi during travel.

They are light and thin and very reasonably priced @ $49 but no case.

I cant find anyone that sells a double butane stove with a case.

Has anyone else found one?

Thanks,

2. mickey

mickey New Member

Couldn't find any either . Ended up getting two separate units with carry cases at k mart. $10 each bargain.

Very weight. Stored in Kombi full time

Ange

3. Syncro27

Thanks Ange.

I just want a double one - they make them - they are really light just havent got a case for them yet.

I was thinking of buying one then getting a blow mould case from somewhere to fit??

4. 77bay

77bay Active Member

5. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

6. Syncro27

Wow,

Great suggestions. I like them both.

Thanks for the ideas.

Cheers,

7. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

That U-bute one looks great pity about the price though :(

8. Syncro27

Bernie,

I still like the U-bute one as it has the BBQ top, the tongs, the spatula and the case.

The BBQ top I bought from BCF cost me $30 and the case plus two spare butane canisters look great.

I am buying it for sure - gets rid of the dangerous and space guzzling gas bottles.

9. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

They may have reduced the price to 'less than half' for the Ubute but the certainly doubled the postage! $33 that's steep. But I do like it.

10. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

11. Syncro27

I dropped into Supercrap Auto today to get some sandpaper and a detail sander and I noticed they just got in "Campmaster" double Butane stoves with a black blow-mould case.

They are so new they are not listed on their website nor did they have a price below them.

I asked the checkout chick for a price and she said $50.00!!!

SOLD.

It doesnt have the BBQ tongs and spatula or the BBQ top, or the two spare butane canisters but I have them anyway and considering the price difference $133 delivered to $50 pick up. A 4 pack of butane cansiters are $5.

12. Radar15

Radar15 Active Member

I think I will have to go check out Supercheap at lunch!!

13. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Had two of these butane stoves, after reading this thread I got them out of storage, one started without any problems the other was a bit harder to start then a few secounds later flames came out of the cannister holder!! had too eject the cartridge to stop the flames, the stoves regulator control had a leak, I've lost confidence in this type el-cheapo stove, they are now in the bin, may be they should have a use by date, they were about 8 years old and not had much use.

14. sclarke7171

sclarke7171 Member

15. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

the biolite is an interesting concept but 3kw of wood burning to produce 2w of electricity :umm:

Not the most efficient system. But very neat none the less..

16. beastieboy

beastieboy Member

Biolite stove is killer idea.
    Way better if that was 12v with cigg lighter ports.

17. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Be VERY careful with these types of stoves folks.....mate of my eldest son & his girlfriend have just narrowly escaped requiring skin grafts after a butane leak on one of these.....both were severely burned as a result of a canister that blew up after a "small' flame appeared at the holder.......
    Cheers, Mark

18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Biolite possibly a peltier unit. small solar unit would do the trick easier.

19. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Bunnings here in the mount have now got the double gasmate unit, $69, has case and also a hot plate. would assume other stores have also.

20. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Yep, $69 at Bunnings. They only came in around Christmas time. I have use 2 single burners back to back with a hotplate on it. I'd rather carry these stoves than a Coleman type stove and a propane bottle in the car. If taking a trailer, not a problem.

Cheers,

Baz