Double Island Point - SE QLD

Discussion in 'QLD' started by Beau, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Beau

Beau Member

Hey guys.

Went on a rehearsal weekend camping to prepare for our annual Easter Fraser Island. Recently bought a drone to do some footage so here is a test video.
    Hope you like it.

Cheers
    Beau

Syncro27, prone, paul77 and 5 others like this.
  2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Great clip! Thanks for sharing :)

3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

How good is that??? :)

Excellent stuff....and yes, thanks heaps for sharing!

4. Weekender

Weekender Well-Known Member

5. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Awesome :D. Thanks for sharing & a great edit;). 3 solar panels. Beau not mucking around;).
    The best video Beau. Thanks:cool:.
    Cheers

6. Beau

Beau Member

I know the page - awesome stuff up there.

No issues with syncro in the area yet though. We are up there regularly (just didn't have the drone to film it) over the last year and never had any issues and no need for engaging diff locks. Did see heaps of other cars bogged on our travels though (also last weekend at the entrance to Leisha track few guys bogged up to their diffs :). Did a week trip to Fraser last Easter and got stuck once due to very deep wheel tracks (belly bottomed) from other cars in a super soft sand. I've lifted it up 50mm all around after we'e returned and ever since then the van's belly haven't touched the ground at all - I carry diy maxtrax and showel, snatch strap etc but so far out of about 5000kms offroad on sand haven't used them. Just bought a winch too to put on, but looks like it will be only used to drag other bogged cars out of trouble [​IMG]:).Going on Fraser this Easter again - hoping to get some more footage with the drone. Really love it.

Doing long off-grid campings and need to power big fridge - you know, two little kiddos with us - need icypoles :) 260W solar up there does the trick.

Cheers guys, thanks for the kind feedback.

melissa, David H and Weekender like this.
  7. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Forget the winch.
    No use spending all w.e pulling others out. ;)
    Although it could be fun rubbing salt into the wounds of the overtyred weekend warriors. :D

8. Vamper1

Vamper1 Member

hey Beau
    I"ll be at Fraser Island with my Syncro tuesday 3rd april till sunday
    My partner got a great deal for 5 nights at kingfisher resort
    Ive been there 5 times ( well in the last 15 years ) with a 60 series land cruiser (great ground clearance ) but not a Syncro with a subaru engine ( reduced clearance)
    So maybe we could catch up ! Especially if you come across to the west side
    Im sure the temptation will force me to drive all around Fraser haha
    Great video

9. Beau

Beau Member

Hey buddy.

We'll be there from Thursday 29th until Tuesday 3rd - so unless we are very lucky and meet on the way...
    We'll be staying at Waddy Point campground (small kids with us, so can't really do non-fenced camping due to dingos).
    I'm sure your syncro will do fine as long as you have good-enough clearance. This was my only issue last year (standard syncro 14 clearance with stock motor - but my bash bars were about 30mm lower than normal due to poor workmanship of previous owner's mechanic).

Cheers

10. Vamper1

Vamper1 Member

thanks Beau
    ground clearance is mmmm ok
    16 inch wheels but subaru engine, so lower than stock engine, but with after market sump
    then protection plates
    I'll give it a go, but practice on Noosa North shore and Double Island Pt before .
    Waddy Pt is great, enjoy
    thanks

11. Beau

Beau Member

Are you driving up from Stanwell Park (your location in profile)? Or where are you located?

12. Vamper1

Vamper1 Member

camping at Noosa Easter Friday t0 Monday , then Hervey Bay camp for 1 night
    then we got a great deal at Kingfisher Bay Resort Tuesday 3rd for 5 nights including breakfast each morning , ferry transfer (not for vehicle though ) wine on arrival for $630.00 !So Noosa,Hervey Bay, Fraser :)

13. Beau

Beau Member

Good stuff. Enjoy!