'Dub dub', our 1973 Westfalia Campmobile

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by DubDub1973, Jan 8, 2018.

1. DubDub1973

DubDub1973 New Member

Hi all, promised I'd post some photos after introducing myself in the New Members forum. This is DubDub, bought new from the Westfalia Factory for my Parent's very extended honeymoon. Has been a few times round the world now, and is on his second engine (now an 1800, replacing the original 1700). I have some work to do - steering drag link is knackered, brakes need work, needs lots of little things like window seals, some minor rust, but overall, a great van. If anyone has access to a manual sink pump of the original type I'd love to get hold of one, as repairing the old one is going to be difficult.
    IMG_5778.JPG IMG_5779.JPG

Attached Files:

2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

3. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  4. DubDub1973

DubDub1973 New Member

Thanks! The Samba site does have a very similar unit to mine but unfortunately it is missing the spout, which is all that is wrong with mine! Still it’s worth knowing that they do come up for sale, and that my unit is known as a Rocket faucet

5. DubDub1973

DubDub1973 New Member

Yes, a few changes in that short time. I was lucky with that plate, as I live in Tasmania so there are simply less cars competing for the good combinations

David H and Sahara Hilton like this.
  6. DubDub1973

DubDub1973 New Member

Thanks for the link. I’m trying to keep the look of the interior as original as possible which is making my job a little more difficult! It’s a chrome base with a back-and-forth pump handle. That all works but the spout is knackered. I may have to try to get a new one fabricated.

7. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Check this out for the Rocket Hand Pump Faucet - http://saudiawebdesigncompany.com/12955-rocket-hand-pump-faucet/ ;)

8. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Looks like a very tidy kombi you picked up there.Make sure you enjoy it now:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2018
  9. Jethro

Jethro Active Member

Wow, what a beautiful bus, love the interior and the heritage, both irreplaceable!!

10. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Awesome camper - a proper factory camper in RHD - very rare animal over here.