1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dubs By The Pie Pics 2010

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by mish13, Feb 21, 2010.

1. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

A few photos from Dubs by the Pie today

It was great to catch up with lots of people I haven't seen for a while, another great turn out despite the bad weather.Adrian managed to pick up an instrument panel and I did some shopping at WhizBang wear.A few KC members picked up a trophy but I will let them name themselves.
    I didn't taken many photos, but here is what I did take.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry Fay Abby is a bit over exposed in this shot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

3. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

4. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Just got home from a weekend away....nice & peaceful with none of our phones ringing every 5mins
    Here are some of my pics for Dubs 2010:
    Met with all the Sunny Coast Crew early this morning....& the photographer from the local paper....a story is to be in there on Monday so I will put the link up for you all to see when it goes "online" ...
    Pity the morning started with the convoy to Dubs in the rain :umm:

Convoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]]

6. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Thats funny looks like three of us were starting a new thread at the same time, can one of the mods please merge into one please.

7. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Snap Mish

Started another thread about the same topic as well ...... perhaps the Mods will cancel the one I started and I will just post my pics here as well.

Here is what I started my thread with ......

Well another Dubs has come and gone and this year.

We had showers of rain driving everyone for shelter at the Big Fish Tavern instead of the usual intense heat.

No Humble Pie, as it closed over Christmas so perhaps it was back to being "Dubs by the Pub".

Have a few pics but the weather may have limited the opportunity to take some pics.

Some great cars there this year .......

...... lots of kombis (mainly Bays ...... not many Splits this year) ........

[​IMG]

...... usual number of Beetles ......

[​IMG]

....... some Type 3's, Karman Ghia's and quite a few Buggies .......

[​IMG]

...... but there were some fantastic Porche 356's .......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  8. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Pity the dog leading the Sunshine Coast Convoy down to Dubs had no speedo working ........... :lol: ........

9. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Bit of an emotional moment in the carpark for me...my Goddess was there....:) ...wonderful to see Brendan loving her as much as I do....with her new Qld plates on (almost identical to her former NSW plates)[/COLOR]

[​IMG]/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

It was great a few of us girl KC members won some Trophys
    Ash (El Concreto), Lorraine (Monty) & I (Mercy)
    Congratulations girls ..well done

[​IMG]

Mine[/FONT][/FONT]

[​IMG]

10. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

2 good sorts...

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Not a VW pic...but when I got home.... found a little bunny nest build (by Poppy) on my bed with my blanket ...nice to know I was missed :lol:

[​IMG]COLOR]

12. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Yeah snap Brett, I checked first to see if anyone had started a thread and no one had. So I started mine then went back a short time later and saw three. Thats it for me thou I think I was to busy gas bagging, well done girls on your win

13. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

Gr8 day..pub got a work out..big turn out but down on splits... rats and no sambas...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

My winner for the day...because of the effort and detail that went into it.....who does 20 coats???....the paint and interior A+

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

RATS !! the old mole was there !!
    samba,s what you think their everywhere???....:wtf:

16. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

bite...got a bite....just giving u a hurry up....get mels samba ready for next year...:lol:

17. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

Bugger !!!:eek:

18. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

We had one at our get together in Newcastle with 10 kombis turning out- that's 10%!!!

19. As crappy as the weather was for the day still not a bad turnout.

I think the grass should at least be mowed and that bottom car park needs a bit of a clean up. thee was a lot of rubbish(timber, nails etc etc) lying around just waiting for a victim.

A bit more signage on the route for those who didn't make the driver's meeting could help also. Should the top car park be filled before starting on the bottom one?? just a few thoughts...

20. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

HUGE DAY 6 hours drive there and back, but well worth it to catch up with everyone:heart:

Monty got a full work over yesterday. There were a few small bits that needed attention like a small ripple in one of the door cards that had been bugging me and a rattlely seat back. 8 hours later after a wash, polish and detail Andy and I were finally happy with how he looked.:D

It rained all night and we woke to a miserable morning so he was dirty before we got down the bottom of our driveway.:eek: A quick spruce up on our arrival at Dubs and he was looking smick again.

There was a huge contingent of Kombis, the growth in their popularity is evident by the increase in their number at each show we attend. It was an absolute thrill to win Best Modified Bay.

Congrats to Judy, Ash and 'Larrywaves' who were winners as well. There may have been more, have I missed anyone?

Thanks everyone for sharing another fabulous day:heart: