1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dubs By The Pub/pie 2009 - Photos

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by greenie, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Royce

Royce Active Member

great shots everyone. Hope to make it next year...

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I believe this number to be true...I had 74 Nimbin Mardigrass flyers to hand out and I used 70 and that was not putting them in the KC members kombis that I knew.

Fantastic turnout of Kombis:)

3. kombibob

kombibob New Member

Great pics guys,
    I still think its crazy that the 'G' won best mod split and car of the show????
    Looks like my parking it in the rain on Saturday morn and giving it a wipe over with the dish cloth and some dish washing liquid did the trick. lol
    (honestly that's what i did).
    There were so many beautifully restored cars there that actually deserved to win car of the show, not me and my $100 paint job.
    I guess people just liked the old G's style. ha ha funny shit.

4. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Thought you all might like to read this...
    This was posted on AVD @ the new venue & peoples comments about this new venue:

Hi All

Boy this thread has been a great read! Thanks for all of your input it is very much appriciated good or bad.

Boy what a day! We didn't expect the truck trailers! (Which kind of stuffed our parking plan, as that was part of the kombi area). We didn't expect so many kombi's (how good was that!).

We'll review the parking plan for next year!

I went home via the road that the Humble pie is on heading towards Brisbane, I think that it would be a much better way for the cruise to enter the show as it would get us off the highway. All we would have to do, would be to take the new Kilcoy exit, then exit off that on to the road to the humble pie. Sitting on the side of the highway with cars going pass at 100k's is not fun and something that we have to stop!

One thing for sure, I am glad that we didn't have the show at the old venue this year. I have been helping with the event for many years, and this year we had a great turn out. Imagine trying to fit the number of cars we had this year into the area that Ettamogah allowed us to use! We were only ever allowed the northern end of the car park at Ettamogah. We have counted the spaces and there is more at the Humble pie (main carpark)with wider roads within the car park, plus the lower area and if we could utilise the grass area out the back more we should have heaps of space! We may even be able to get the pub on side now they believe us! (they were overwemed with the amount of people). To be able to use some of their car park!
    One other thought is to ask the property owner accross the road, if he would let the on lookers park over there at a small charge. This could free up even more room!

Once agian thanks for your input.

On behalf of the Bad Little Bug-gers Vee Dub Club thanks to everyone who attended and thanks for your support!

P.S Guy's have a look at our website http://www.blbvw.org.au as we try to have regular monthly cruise's some great ones coming up! Dubs shouldn't be the only cruise!!!

Regards Ashley.

5. WAY2COOL

WAY2COOL Member

Great pics,great cars, cool people... Looks like a bit of 'get down and dirty' serious kombiism....Thanks for the opportunity to share it.

6. 2slow

2slow Member

I liked the venue, and sitting around the back of belnmic's Splitty under cover with a great group of people topped the day off...I have been going to VW shows for about 18 years and never parked in the show (still did not enter the competition as Kombi's and competition is a bit of an oxymoron to me) can't wait for the next one now.

Cheers, Bobby

7. elizabethemerald

elizabethemerald New Member

What a great day! I still had a smile on my face the next morning driving to work. There is nothing like driving with all those VW's. :D And another bonus in having a watercooled is that I got to drive at the end of all the buses so I could have a great look at the big long line of them! ;) Well worth the almost 7.5hr round trip of travelling to get there and back!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  8. Kate

Kate Member

I know this a photos thread but just reading below I wanted to say that I paid my $10 to have Pooh alongside all the other beetles....a bit of a meet & greet. I didn't think about whether it was a competition or not, more a meet and the price I am happy to pay to meet others and also to Bad Little Buggers for organising the meet.

If anyone knows pooh she is a bit rough, not yet ratty but needing some more love. The Kombi Rocky is the attention seeker right now (and money guzzler!!). Either way, we (Chris, Pooh & I) had a great time being a part of the whole meet.

Maybe Rocky might make it too the next one.....mmmaaaaayyyyyybbbbbeeeee:lol:

9. Connie

Connie New Member

Hi there, great pic's, I was trying to upload a few myself but it is telling me that file size is too big. Is there something I can do to change the size???:umm:

10. Joels73 Panel

Joels73 Panel Active Member

Whoever it is driving that red and white samba has very phat dreads :D

11. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Bloody lowered bays

Cant get any shade ####

Once again. Thanks to bad little buggers for organising the day. Never miss it

cheers
    col

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  12. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

I think you need glasses, the Samba isn't red quite red and Michael doesn't have Dreads :umm:

13. Connie

Connie New Member

Some of our pic's, hope this works:umm:

Attached Files:

14. Connie

Connie New Member

And getting the hang of this

Attached Files:

15. Connie

Connie New Member

Few more, sorry some turned out too small. Thanx judy for your advice.;)

Attached Files:

16. Black and White

Black and White New Member

17. Black and White

18. Black and White

19. Black and White

20. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Two bigger moons and one smaller ........... :lol: