1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dubs by the river

Discussion in 'South Australia' started by chris taylor, Sep 13, 2020.

1. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Best For Last...
    Kombi Clubbers...

Marzy on the right...

dbtr20-036r.jpg
    And His Bus
    becs dbtr20-003r.jpg

Chris' and Carolyns' Buses
    becs dbtr20-004r.jpg

becs dbtr20-005r.jpg
    Nope, still no pulse!
    becs dbtr20-006r.jpg

Somehow Mr Taylor avoided the cameras!

KahunaKombi, melissa, oldman and 2 others like this.
  2. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

oldman likes this.
  3. wombatventures

Only because of those who turned up. Any event is only as good as it's participants. Every year I wonder if I'll be having a picnic with Bec and the D-man.:oops: Then others turn up and I know it's worth it.:)

KahunaKombi, TeeBee, melissa and 2 others like this.
  4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Top effort Terry ;) & thanks for the pictures :D

chris taylor likes this.
  5. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

Great photos and looks like a great turn out, will have to get my butt in gear and make sure we can get Kombi to the next event.
    Do you think it's possible to have a VW show and shine to go along with the Truck show in Mannum next yr, virus restrictions willing? They already have a ute show and a van show, but I'm yet to actually get around all the displays, probably talk too much :lol:

T1 Terry

6. wombatventures

Will get in touch with them, see if we can join in somehow.

Wattie, David H and chris taylor like this.
  7. chris taylor

I like this idea.
    Or even if we have a meet n greet Vw coffee gathering on a regular basis in or around some country places , much the same way u do with Morgan.

oldman, Wattie and wombatventures like this.
  8. T1 Terry

Sounds great, anything I can do to help at this end just let me know. We've only been here about 5 yrs so we are still "blow-ins" but at least we have a business here so it's sort of foot in the door ... well maybe a little toe just waiting for the door to slam, but it can't hurt to try. They also have a custom and hot rod show and the fella that owned the woodworking shop next door has something to do with that and has a few classic cars he enters each yr, so I'll ask him about that next time I see him.

T1 Terry

Wattie and chris taylor like this.
  9. wombatventures

I have a new target for next year........

;)o_O:eek:

10. chris taylor

Hi T 1
    As i see it and its only early days yet and we still have to find where the first event will take place ,,,,preferably in a country town, that way its a good drive there and back ,plus sufficient time once there to meet and greet could make it a weekend thing , model it on the same theme as Dubs by the river , we will also need to have access to an oval or place that can handle a few vw,s or a place where there is ample parking available.
    the other point is the weather , around early November to end of March which is a fairly broad spectrum and we need to space it out a bit so it does not clash with any other show . Mannum is a good spot to try it out as it has a good river frontage which is lawned and a lot of parking ,
    As i said it is only early days yet.
    Chris Taylor

David H likes this.
  11. chris taylor

12. chris taylor

For what its worth i still like the idea of having a meet and greet at Meningie , its a good spot ,with a lake frontage , it has a bakery ,some takeaways, toilets , and its a great drive ,only ! 1/2 hrs from the city, Its a good starting point i reckon .

Wattie likes this.
  13. wombatventures

Come on Chris. If we get every air cooled vw in Australia to Morgan we can do it! ;) Might need a bigger park though! :(
    :p:p:p:p:p:p

Wattie likes this.
  14. wombatventures

I like the Meningie idea.
    Mick Percy tried Robe a couple of years ago, don't think it took off.
    All those eastern state VW owners need to come along and visit, nothing like a couple of hours on the Hay Plain to get your excitement up! ;)

15. chris taylor

Would b great to have some of eastern states vw boys come over but i would b aiming at getting a few of our own people to attend these home turnouts.

wombatventures, Wattie and David H like this.
  16. T1 Terry

Big over night camp areas in Mannum across the river $10 night ticket machine thing, but no power. A big caravan park and a smaller one across he river, a show ground and the big display area they use for Sounds by the river and a reasonable size parking area beside the ferries that they use for the monthly Sunday Markets.
    The couple of hrs across the Hay plains and then the couple of hrs from the Balranald turn off to Tailem Bend, then a short cruise from there to Meningie ..... well after the other bit travelled from Wagga to Tailem Bend it would be just a short cruise :lol:
    Mannum is a bit under 1.5hrs from Adelaide, either via chain of ponds or the freeway and through Monarto, closer than Meningie .......

T1 Terry

chris taylor likes this.
  17. chris taylor

Hi T1.sounds like u have been a bit busy. well done , so , as i read it there is 3 different places to camp if needed, which is a bonus , sounds good , what amenities r there in that camp area on the other side upstream from the Ferry and is that where the $10 ticket machine is . i know where the caravan park is in the main street but is there another one on the other side .?

18. T1 Terry

The caravan park across the river is much smaller than the one in Mannum itself and a few less star rating, but very friendly people. The $10 per night camp areas are up stream and down stream from the ferry, the down stream area is much bigger. They have toilets but no idea if they have showers or not, I'll ask around.

T1 Terry

chris taylor likes this.
  19. chris taylor

Ok tks T1.