Dubs @ The Abbey Sunday 9th April 2017

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by KahunaKombi, Apr 10, 2017.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

With the day starting with a glorious sunrise and no clouds to be seen the Bad Little Buggers VW Club was assured of a great day and turnout.

They were rewarded with a great turnout with some new and a lot of old faces and the absence of some also but that's VW Shows for you & let's not foget those who have to put their hands on others cars or park so close you can't open your door fully even when there is plenty of room :mad:. Plenty of non VW attendees also and swap meet with some walking away with interesting purchases.

Great to meet and catch up with members - nils, Resnort, Tinbits, cbus, Dancing Doonars, Dapom + others.

Sponsors were Shannons, Custom Vee Dub, VWMA, Mick Motors, Das Resto, Vintage Vee Dub, Westwood Fabrications, Aircooled Automotive, DRT Repairs & Resto with the Trophies laser cut metal into shape of Beetle, Kombi, Country Buggy, Dune Buggy and Rat Fink for rat of the day.

Good representation of all models so here's some pictures (too difficult to get single shots) -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Syncro27 likes this.
  2. KahunaKombi

3. KahunaKombi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Syncro27 and cbus like this.
  4. KahunaKombi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

paul77 likes this.
  5. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

Was a good turnout :) and I made it there and back!!

KahunaKombi likes this.
  6. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

Did you get the award for your fastback Bert? I know you got at least one vote.

KahunaKombi likes this.
  7. nils

nils Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you Bert

KahunaKombi likes this.
  8. KahunaKombi

Hi Paul, yeah got the award - why I could post the picture ..... it's a decent size and something different.

If you were there then sorry we didn't cross paths :(

9. KahunaKombi

Likewise Nils ..... still extremely appreciative of the work you did for the seat adjuster cams :D

10. wombatventures

wombatventures Active Member

I would have voted for the type 4 just because he must have massive Kahuna's to admit he owns one! :confused:
    Joking Bert! ;)
    Well Done.
    Looks like a great day and a good turnout.
    Nice to see a few CBs.

11. Andy.

Andy. Active Member

Words of jealousy no doubt, the lonely type 4 came from the factory with all the modifications beetle and type 3 owners regularly modify to achieve, and a lot more not even possible. Bigger, faster, stronger, smoother and just all round better. I would proudly drive one and admit to it. Oh, hang on, I do :) No Kahuna's required. And why assume he? The missus happily had the 411 as a daily driver for many years.

Unfortunately I have it up for sale though, usual story, way to many VW's, not enough time to enjoy them all. If it does go to a new home, it will be sadly missed by all in our house.

12. Andy.

Andy. Active Member

Yes, was a great day and a great turn out, good effort from all the organisers!

13. wombatventures

It's OK Andy, I was only having a dig. :)
    Our Notch is officially Becs, as is our Kombi and her "old mans car" Cressida which is one of my favourite cars to drive.
    Wish we could get more of the less well known models along to shows here. After all, I had a TA Torana that I took to shows in the 90's.:D

14. Andy.

Andy. Active Member

I took your message for what it was, no issues from me :)
    When ever anyone tells me the type 3 or type 4 is ugly, my answer is simple, you can't see the car from the drivers seat, why should I care what it looks like?

Yes be nice to see more cars at shows regardless of which model, was good to see a couple of Porsche's in the car park also!

wombatventures likes this.
  15. wombatventures

Won't say what was side to a gawky 17 year old in a four cylinder Torana at a show, with XU-1's, SLRs and Monaro's!
    :oops:o_O:p

16. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

You parked your daily drive, amongst the expensive show ponies at a Holden meet? :eek:

Nice thing about the Kombi Club community, is that all rides are welcomed and accepted, with respect. ;)

wombatventures likes this.
  17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Good mix.
    Lots of beetles.
    Recon the type 4 should get some interest especially from people wanting something a bit unique.
    I didn't look closely st the dino ferari replica but it looked well finished.
    Anyone know what make it was.?
    Al's cabin fitout looked very inviting.

18. Andy.

Andy. Active Member

Bring on the Matador, or maybe a Bungartz, or my favourite the Iltis (there are plenty more)

19. Andy.

Andy. Active Member

Note sure of the make, but was on a type 3 chassis

20. kalamunda

kalamunda Member

I wanted to speak to the owner of the replica to find out more also, alas I could not locate the owner.
    I did manage to take a couple of photos of the replica, it did look a well put together car.
    Having had a replica GT40 in my possession for a while, I would have liked to know more about it.
    Some photos of it and one of the GT40 which was red and black also and reminded me of it. :)

DSC_0114.JPG DSC_0115.JPG GT40.JPG

Syncro27 likes this.