1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Bunny Delivers

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Poptop, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

From a 77 DC.
    What's a seat sway bar? I told him I'd grab that as well once he worked out price.

2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I'm not to sure what is mean't by that (seat sway bar) term. Unless it the strengthening bar that goes along the back of the bottom of the rear seat . Like you mention when you got your rear seat done. Can you get a photo?

Poptop likes this.
  3. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

Yes I will its a strengthening bar, don't recall seeing one in my DC.

4. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

The frame design in the seat is really good. It's just so solid.
    IMAG3803 (478x800).jpg
    As I say. Hang onto it as someone will need it.

5. Wayne murray

Have a look in your thread I'm sure you mention it some where about how it goes.or which way it goes. you know what I mean.

6. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

This is different, I'll get photos.

7. Wayne murray

Its karma time.:eek: For you to supply the photo.
    On page 11 of your own thread it has that strengthening bar we have been talking about

8. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

Hi Euan
    Not that I've seen many but from what I have, often owners pull the middle seat head rest out. I presume that why it's not there.

9. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

Makes Sense.

10. gordo 77DC

gordo 77DC Active Member

I read on this forum that if a car was originally registered with headrests then they need to be in for registration, in case you're thinking of removing them.

Regards
    Gordon

11. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

Mud Flaps!
    [​IMG]

Syncro27 and OSF like this.
  12. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

Johns phone doesn't take photos! Clarified, it's a stabiliser bar.

13. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

How do the front ones go on? Are they attached with different brackets and if so what sort and did you get these off Mr Bubblehead as well?

14. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

All of Mr Bubblehead.

I'll get better photos on the W/E. Everything's nicely aligned. Photos don't show that.

I've never had them on the front before.

I need to paint the brackets black.

OSF likes this.
  15. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

OK here are the closer images.
    Also I'm meant to measure something in the tray or slats sorry can't find the message can you send again?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Wayne murray

They look good poptop I send you a email weeks ago about slat heights regards Wayne

17. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics Mark. How to attach makes sense now.

18. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Poptop,
    Given the look of the rust it's nice to see the mudflap brackets are aluminium. They now become the 'anode' for electrolytic 'discussion' in your bus. Great 2nd outcome in slowing anodic argument:):D. Esp as mudflaps sit under batteries;) that are part of the argument.
    Cheers

19. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

English?

20. David H

David H Well-Known Member

So from 1500king is my understandings & experience of what happens metallurgically with our buses.

Sorta English??? PS ..this will do your head in!;):D

"Just know 'by composition' that not all steel is the same. Even if to the same specs (composition) they aren't all the 'same'. Different days, different temps & times in cure etc, etc."

Q? Does a steel cured in a cold environment behave differently over time from a steel cured in a hot environment? Might also relate to the temp of environment it lives in post cure?

My view is colder cured gives better longevity. No metallurgist ......just observance over life of steel.

I've got thoughts about molecular structure.!!

Bit like curing concrete & how the post pour 'set temps' are dealt with that result in strength.

Just watched over lots of years how these buses respond to their environment & it posed questions for me.

If you see some other of my posts it's fair to say I can be a bit 'fixated'.

I waited 41 years for your answer. That's why I wanted to send you beverage!

Cheers,

David"

David H, Today at 12:00 AM ReportReply

1500king

1500king

New

"Well, it comes down to;

Impurities in the steel, like Carbon and Manganese, obviously comes at a much higher cost to remove more of both if they are distinctly excessive in the ore. More carbon results in faster rust due to the electron carrying ability of the carbon. Manganese is less active than steel, therefore the steel becomes the 'sacrificial anode', the subject of the corrosion as electrons are ripped from it to preserve the Manganese. Exposure to oxygen and water assists in electron travel from one to the other..... In a nutshell, paint it well and make sure that it is not a 70's Alfa Romeo or Fiat(Russian highly impure steel!)!!

Bad wiring that allows electron leakdown through the body will assist preserving the more active Magnesium/Aluminium alloys in a Vee Dub... Keep it tidy and sort out gremlins! Bad/leaky batteries that provide the "Salt bridge" to the body from leaking posts is a no no.. The Alternator will help push the issue along without frying anything. Keep it all in good nick, good quality non-leaky sealed battery(Stay away from 'Supercharge Batteries, they are the worst and will hemorrhage even if you look at them!!).."

There you go Poptop. I hope you're old enough to understand my enquiry & his very smart answer.:cool:
    Hurt my head when I first read it:rolleyes:.o_O:confused: Totally refers to "heirachy of metals".. never thought for one moment that happened inside the metal.o_O. Go hurt your head with this one!:rolleyes:. Got more from him if you want it!!
    Cheers
    Cheers

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Poptop likes this.