1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Bus Stop report in VWMA

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2016' started by KahunaKombi, Feb 4, 2016.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi all,

While I won't be there, behind the scenes I have conversed with Craig Hughes the editor of VWMA about reports of events like Old Bar, Nimbin and also mentioned the Easter Bus Stop to him and so all members were aware of his position on events organised &/or attend by KC members he has posted a reply #11 in this thread http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/mag-time-issue-49-vwma.52649/ - screen snapshot 3rd paragraph

In essence if someone can take high resolution pictures and compose a report he will endeavour to include the report in VWMA.

It may only be a couple of pages but it is an offer worth accepting ;)

upload_2016-2-4_16-7-2.png

mish13 and cbus like this.
  2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Usually at least a couple of reasonable shutterbugs present and maybe JD can do a short page on choosing reds to go with camel steak ?

3. Goymarr

Goymarr Member

I was thinking of offering but now that you mention JD, that would be a much better read! It would be the first article that I would probably read 20x to fully understand it with picking up the dictionary many times. I would love to see an article in the mag, it would give everybody else in the VW community (not just kombi's) an insight into a well loved kombi club member... And what we have to deal with every time he posts on here ;)

4. KahunaKombi

Am sure if JD were to be the scribe in his normal manner he'd confuse many but am sure he could tone it down to lessers out there but then he could confuse us with plain speak :confused:

73kombi, john doherty and Debstar like this.
  5. Shaun

Shaun Member

I wonder if any of the UK kombi magazines would be interested - there have been one or two Australian stories in them recently.

73kombi, Debstar and ruby6689 like this.
  6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure there will be someone that would like to do a report on MardiGrass. I take lousy photos.

7. KahunaKombi

Only one way to find out and that is for someone to try and make contact with those magazines ;)

8. wenmac

wenmac Active Member

I hope I haven't stepped on any toes here but I've emailed Camper and Bus magazine in the UK and gave them a quick rundown of what's going on asked if they would be interested if we sent some pics and a little rundown of the Bus Stop. I'll recall the email if I'm out of line. :oops:

9. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

That's fine - make sure you get my good side!!! haha

73kombi and Debstar like this.
  10. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

We will all be famous!!!

73kombi, Debstar and Wilbur like this.
  11. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

mars bar slice featured :D

73kombi likes this.
  12. KahunaKombi

Only if GOYA in the 1st instance is used - could now be 2nd instance as well :rolleyes:

13. Shaun

Shaun Member

Did anyone from the magazine reply to your email?

14. wenmac

wenmac Active Member

No Shaun they haven't, I may give them a nudge today.

15. wenmac

wenmac Active Member

This is the email I sent 4/3/16
    Good Morning,
    I am a member of Kombi Club, an online forum club for Kombi enthusiasts mainly in Australia. We have a 4 day Easter meet involving Kombi lovers from all over Australia. We are having a photographer and a scribe to do a couple of articles over the meeting and we were wondering if your mag would be interested in receiving same. That’s not to say that you would use anything but you never know, something may arouse your curiosity.
    Regards
    Jeff

I'll send it again today.

73kombi and Shaun like this.
  16. Otto

Otto Member

Just a thought Jeff, a little off subject but Im wondering if these mags should receive notifications of stolen kombis like Thomas's Westy ?

73kombi, Debstar and Shaun like this.
  17. wenmac

wenmac Active Member

It cost nothing to ask Otto, I'll send them an email today.;)

73kombi and Debstar like this.
  18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Did anyone submit photos or copy to VWMA ?

19. wenmac

wenmac Active Member

I'll submit some photos tomorrow cbus. Easier to do it on my computer at work.

20. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Sounds good.
    Probably need someone to do some copy to go with it as he wont have any info.
    Craig is a great suporter and advocate for a wide range of vw related activities but being a one man show its up to us to submit material if we would like it included in his mag.
    A small taste this year might pave the way for more next year?

On a wider note. Worth people checking out some of his work to get an idea of what photo quality and descriptions are needed to put an article together.

Bit of talent amongst the KC mob .

wenmac likes this.