Easter - Port Sorell

Discussion in 'Tas' started by 75camper, May 6, 2014.

1. 75camper

75camper New Member

Thought i'd post a Pic of our site at port Sorell over easter. Had a great 3 nights away in Kev, we also gave our Coastal Road awning from JK a run for the first time, highly recommend to anyone, is a great size, plenty of storage room, we also slept 3 in the main room and there was heaps of space, although it did get a little chilly through the night - as you'd expect for Tassie in April !! This will be an awesome awning through the summer ! Hopefully the pic attaches !
    [​IMG]

2. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Looks great, what was the weather like?

We have nearly the same tent...an outwell one which is like you say rather large.

We had ours set up at peggs beach for two months over the summer and just turned up at the weekend with nothing to set up.

3. kombiwomble

kombiwomble Active Member

The set up looks great! I am wondering where you store the tent and shade while you are travelling? I carry 3 people and am scratching my head at where I could transport something.

4. vwfreak03

Its free standing so you can drive away and leave it there.....but iam not very good at packing so I do find it quite bulky. Its an excellent tent for a number of people if you dont have to set up/pack up on a regular basis

5. 75camper

75camper New Member

Cheers guys, we were pretty lucky with the weather 5 mins of rain in 3 days so no complaints, just cold nights and mornings. As for packing size, it's not too bad but unfortunately with the kids having their bikes etc we packed pretty heavy and the wife took her car also, which wasn't so bad as we were only an hour from home, so no big deal. You back from your trip vwfreak03 ? Enjoyed the updates, looked like a great time was had :p

6. vwfreak03

No iam still on the road...in Adelaide at the mo heading out to Hahndorf tomorrow then make my way to
    Vic vw meet on the weekend...

7. 75camper

75camper New Member

Sweet..... Livin the dream one might say :cool: