Eden 2008

Discussion in 'The National Kombi Club Bus Stop 2008' started by ruby6689, Mar 23, 2008.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

hI EVERYONE,
    Just a quick hello from EDEN having a great time in true KC spirit we have had our share of breakdowns...we left Melissa's husbands Kombi at Schmoo's dad's place in Nowra!!!! The engine is cooked!
    Bit of drama this morning when Schmoo decided to go for a swim...trouble was HE CAN'T SWIM! Thankfully one of the members managed to save him!
    Apart from that little heart stopping incident it has been non stop fun, plenty of Kombi Rocking with our surprise visitor Tom at the helm.
    There will so many pics when we get back. Had 40 kombis lined up for the this morning, can't wait to see that!.................Lorraine

2. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Arrrrh great to hear from someone at Eden,thankyou so much Lorraine for whetting our appetites...really cant wait to so some Eden action.:)

3. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

The question is Lorraine did you go in a kombi?

So glad to hear from you and we are sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for the photos.
    We need to buy Schmoo a set of floaties by the sound of it.

Glad to hear you are safe and well

Michelle & Adrian

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Tom quietly let some of us know he was going to surprise you all :)

5. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

I have been trying to call Tom to see that he got there OK, great that he did.
    It was a last minute thing, he left late on Thursday night.

Dave

6. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

I'm at my Mum's and was lucky enough to catch up with the KCers on Thursday night at Nowra. Always a good time had by all, and I ended up getting back to my brother's place at 1.00am.

Even when they're driving stupid distances, they can still mix it with the best of them! :)

Michelle - no, unfortunately, Lorraine and Andy didn't make it in a Kombi. They took the Patrol, but the main thing is that they were there. Bet Lorraine wishes she'd taken one of her Kombis even if she had to nurse it all the way there - especially now that Tommy has appeared and could weave his mechanical magic.

I cannot wait until I can spend all day Tuesday looking through the Eden posts! :D

7. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

You said it baby..;)

8. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Spoke to Tom again this evening, hes on his way back, went through the Snowy Mountains.

He drove 1400kms each way and wouldnt have missed it.

Dave

9. heartland

heartland New Member

Yep agreed! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  10. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia Member

Race for the first pics

The question on everyone's lips is:

Will Tom post the first pics of Eden?
    Now that would be crazy!

11. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Where are the photos Lorraine?

Come on Lorraine

Where are some photos from Eden? Please can we have some?

Cheers
    Brett

12. gemma

gemma New Member

eden south coast

Rain held out , and even had a day of sunshine, sunday,
    Today , though raining here, now , hope the crew don"t get to wet. I guess a lot will be returning on their journey , home. Saw a lime green, kombi with a white roof, pass by sunday, wondered if it was part of the club, on their way back early, could not see sticker, we were going to fast.??????
    cHEERS

13. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

What a blast

Hi guys,

Eden was and still is unreal. Having a great time. Still some os us left here. Gav lost a pulley do da and I am having one sent down. I did my own tappits yeaterday and it is running better now. Toni we should go into business together. Also had a little miss sunsine horn incident. Not like me to make a specticle of myself. Lots of bubbles flowing. Having a dry day today though.

See you all at Nimbin. Who knows where I will pop up next. Be afraid.

Life is good when you drive a kombi.

Jules & Gav
    No fixed address.

14. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

Hi,
    I just got back from Eden it was fun :) I would post some pics but mine are all dodgy. Its funny though because I soon as I arrive home I already feel like another road trip, I got my eye on SA though, as I have never been there. Hope everyone gets back safe. I might sleep for a bit now.
    Cheers,
    Gabriella

15. Barney

Barney New Member

Pictures of Eden - what a great time !!

Better still, what great people. We thought we were mad, it is nice to know we are not alone.....bring on the next event !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  16. Barney

Barney New Member

some more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. gemma

gemma New Member

first with photos

Thanks Sue ,

Great pics.
    Cheers, bet your all tired.

18. Barney

Barney New Member

Sitting here sipping a cold beer after the return trip.....not that I need anymore alcohol I must add !!

19. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

Hello all , well the first thing i did when i walked in my open frt door yes it was open all damn weekend , i forgot to close it , too much of a hurry to get to eden . all ok nothing happened . Was to switch on the computor .
    WHAT A GREAT TIME ,WHAT A GREAT LOCATION ! i thought canberra was good This tops it by far. I was so glad i drove to eden to catch up with some old faces and yes the new ones , i cant say enough how proud i am to be a kombi club member with such wonderful people we have living in our great country .There are alot of people to thank i and know its been said on our awards night but MELISSA its a credit to you the way you pulled off another great event , another person who just stays behind the scene's and quietly gets things done well two people Judy and Lorraine with out your dedication to such events and your willingness to share from the moment people get there till the min they leave you both are to be congratulated . Glow monkey also what a great job entertaining us all with your fire tricks .
    The KOMBI CLUB MUSICIANS along with our glourious back up vocals well done all ! Our own cd label will be out soon
    Now the most important people are the people who came to [KC EDEN 08] it would have been a flopwith out you all so thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart .
    Roy im sorry you could not make it but chin up mate every one had one thing on there minds and that was you me ol mate , we continually said gee's i wish Roy was here , perhaps so Andy could hide your bus again but truely our thoughts where with you and Anita .
    Now one other to thank you was to Jules for letting me have a tear round the caravan park on her precious scooter what a hoot thanks jules .
    Thanks to the caravan park manager who found me a spot to park susy.and the use of the ladder for the photo shoot .
    My trip home was just incredible i went thru the snowy mts and headed for Hay after leaving eden susy returned great consumption 10 l per 100 to the dot travelling at 100k or so . I camped beside the murimbidgee river for the night and had a wonder full peace full sleep with out kombi rocking !! 760 ks from hay 8 hours later and i walked into to my open door at 4.30 monday afternoon . Thanks again Kombi club members your simply the best !!!! Watch this thread as there will be hundreds of photos being posted i know , i did not have a camera but just watch as they unfold , just make sure you dont miss the next easter event in 2009 then you wont complain cheers from TOM

Oh a few little additions
    Susy thanks for getting me home 3200 km's and 40 hours driving what a kombi ..
    NOW WHO WAS ROCKING KOMBI'S my beloved Nimbin Nymph ! i caught you in the act !
    Favourite quote from a person who drives a rather late model kombi.
    P>?? OFF YOU LOT Have you not got anything better to do ! than rock kombi's
    Schmooo just marry the girl ! or the hussy in tent number 69 will get you ! you stud muffin pics to come i feel this will explain
    Scotty watch out for those mullets .
    Absolute high light was BAZZ'S NEW BUDGIE I think i nearly got it talking bazz after a wee drink or two !
    One Downer for the whole weekend no splittys in sight . come on you lot !!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  20. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Thanks guys and gals

Thanks guys and gals

You have whet out appetite now!

All we need now is for all the other pics to be posted to satisfy our personal disappointment of not being able to get to Eden.

Cheers
    Brett