Eden 2008

Discussion in 'The National Kombi Club Bus Stop 2008' started by ruby6689, Mar 23, 2008.

1. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

It's looking like it was a little romantic, Jane.

Unfortunately we haven't heard any updates from Stevie or Amanda - I guess neither of them have been near a computer since.

And we'll have to get some more goss out of Glen once he gets home. But he and Jacqui were looking rather cosy while we were standing around waiting for the NRMA for me on the way home on Tuesday.

2. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

We got to Yarragon and realised we had been Shmetterlinged!! LOL - thanks, it was a funny discovery on both the Hamburg Hotel and Felix :D

3. Tequila Sunrise

Tequila Sunrise Active Member

Hi to all my favourite Kombi friends, new and old. Where do I start! What a fantastic trip away! I am still blown away by how many beautiful people I have shared this great trip with. The Queensland crew, Jules, Dean, Curtis, Glen, Julie,Judy, Lorraine, Andy etc etc you guys are just gorgeous people not taking away from our New South Welshman of course. Jules, you always had a smile and so welcoming, like Dean, Glen and Curtis and of course someone had to look after us bubbly girls (Julie and myself). My boys also adored all of you and had the best time especially Brady jamming with his guitar. What other 12 year old could do that and feel a part of the nights musical entertainment. Lorraine and Andy what can I say you guys have done it again! Made sure I was safe and looking out for me every step of the way in our convoy and of course Glowmo taking over that role on the way home. Thankyou so much and I am looking forward to coming to Nimbin and yes putting up with Andys below the belt and foot jokes.
    The adventure was as much in the journey than just the destination as most KCs would have read about by now. Mt Spannerama was entertaining as was the next breakdown stop, thanks Jules for the extra entertainment we made from your poor daisy. Really wanted to get her home to my mechanic as Glen raved about how brilliant they are.
    Thanks Melissa for the whole trip and your endless organising of all the crew.
    Great to see Tom make the big trip and catch up again. I think Jules and I made it into the Bermagui newspaper, hope someone can find a copy.
    And finally Yes everyone Glen and I are a Kombi couple, we caught up on the last night and he has just left this morning. Looking forward to catching up with him and everyone else at Nimbin. Maybe no-one will need to rock his Kombi!
    Jacqui

4. heartland

heartland New Member

Jacqui and Glen sitting in a tree, k i s s i n g! ;)

Thats great news I'm really happy for you both - obviously I haven't met you Jacqui but knowing you own a kombi with the coolest paint work in the world you must be a great person and Glen is one of the true good guys of the world - so thats my two cents worth.:)

5. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

I think it is a little premature to call Stevie and Amanda a "romance" - they were a similar age, and with Schmo and Gabrielle otherwise preoccupied, it was understandable they would hang out together... a lot... I know Stevie would be a little embarrassed by all this gossip, so let's move it back to PM where it belongs.... :D I must say, though, a lowlight and an SC would definitely make a beautiful couple! ;)

Well, I had a great time in Eden! Alice and I ended up staying until Thursday and finally got to do some sight-seeing - we found that we spent most of the Easter weekend chatting to all the great kombi folk! We had also miscalculated and ended up short of petrol money, but Stevie (who was parked behind us, and had paid up until the end of the week) decided to leave early, so we scored a free spot and were able to wait until Alice got paid on Thursday (we weren't sure if she would be). While I was disappointed we could leave, Woger was relieved - my original idea had been to (gently) sabotage his engine so that we could get a tray-truck home courtesy of the RACV... (not that I would have been able to do it...)

So many great people, so many great tales, so many great kombis... I can't wait for next year - Coonabarabran 2009! (try saying that 7 times quickly after a few beers...)

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

OK so why did Stevie decide to leave early??????????

Only kidding and I know Stevie and Amanda would know this.

They are a couple of beaut young members and we are lucky to have them in our club.

Amanda was an absolute pleasure to travel with, I had to laugh when she got she got a phone call from her Mum to check that she was eating her dinner:).............Lorraine

7. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Jacqui - it's a bit confusing that there's technically two Jules(es) now. I guess it's all good - as long as I'm not getting blamed for anything Julie (or Jules I... call me Jules II) has done! :p Oh, and congrats on you making yourself and Glen an 'official' kombi couple. I reckon that's lovely. It couldn't have happened to two of the loveliest, most genuine people around. :)

Woz - yeah, you're right mate. Prolly should tone down a little on the idle gossip until the people in question have had a chance to speak for themselves. I trust that they'll take it in their stride though and not take any offence.

8. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Well I reckon 'all of the above' plus I have to add that Andy and Lorraine made me and all my gear welcome in their car back up to Wollongong where I could finally pick up my first rental car. A thousand thank yous' to you both.

If they take your hearts away when you die.... what's left will fit in a matchbox.

Dean

9. oldmancrew

oldmancrew Member

eden...

many thanks to all the good kombi people who put the event together and took the time to organise us all over the weekend.......melissa, lorraine et al

the kelly crew made it home to SA @ 1800 last nite (thurs) after a round trip of 3,100 km in 9 days.....headed out tuesday am after after all that stuff fell from the sky on monday......(we forgot how wet and cold it can be)...and ready for a motel in lakes entrance.....which was very cosy....
    We met a one toothed local in Cann river who wanted to talk about the $50 bay he had just bought with a recond motor at a local auction that week!!!!

Many thanks to Adam and Steph who were so busy looking after us stayons under their tarp with cards, hot drinks spiced with butterscotch snapps and an electric heater, that their own bedding ended up soaked.....a lovely couple who epitomise the KC culture.......

Kasey had a great time and jumped out of bed so early this am to get to school to tell all........she had her twirling poys ready for the morning talk.....lighter in hand to make up for not firing up on sat nite...... thanks to glen for his efforts on behalf of all those with kombi kids.......

Thanks to skeg 3,veronica and catherine for moving in next to us......offering a place to call in on in melb........keeping in touch as we kombied through the windy, wet vic weather.......we ferried across the harbour to geelong

Wonderful to meet rich, simone and family........so many good ideas to contemplate............'vw tombi' sounds good....our Kasey (KC) is so pleased to have a club named after her....

Everyone we met were great......such a diverse bunch of people...

Our van didn't miss a beat and has been rewarded with special clean and shine today, which has caused a rain forecast for 2morrow.....

thanks again for a wonderful time......greg pru and kasey

10. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

Woger, Woz, and I had heaps of fun at Eden...although I think I need to recover.

I think everyone has covered all the events accurately so I'll just add a few extra highlights.

1) Woger drove like a dream...for the first time ever we were hitting the 70 miles mark on the speedometer (well that was when we were running late and had to catch up to the Vic/Tassie convoy. 8am isn't a very good time for pirates!).

2) Scott, the kc policeman, often got the pirate crew drinking early. He would wander over and sit down and say "where's your beer?". We had heaps of fun being led to the dark side ;)

3) Alpal's birthday celebrations were awesome on the Monday night despite the rain.

4) I was amazed at seeing 73camper (Royce and Andrew) doing an amazing job co-ordinating 5 kids.

5) We had room service on our last couple of mornings....Thanks Jules for bringing us nice coffee!!!

6) It was wonderful meeting familiar and new faces and I can't wait for next year.

7) Simone's really, really, really, freaky mask.

8) The great camp fire and camp that Cammo led us to on the first night.

9) Okay own up....WHO PUT THE ENORMOUS WITCHES HAT ON WOGER'S ROOF??? :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  11. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Tried to Shmett all the Kombis. Apols if you vere missed.

12. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Hee hee hee! You may wanna ask Kieran about that, Alice. He might know something about it... :rolleyes:

13. Alpal

pics

Some pics:

[​IMG] The Line-up

[​IMG] At the 'Drags'. Photo finish

[​IMG] Apols to Necro, didn't realize I was blocking his Kombi.

14. Alpal

more pics

[​IMG] Another neck & neck battle.

[​IMG] Thats the Glo machine flying thru the air at the LH of pic. Serious stuff!

[​IMG] And they're racing.

I vill be writink up the results of the sport ven I am havink time. OK?

15. Alpal

Keiran vould not haf had time for hanky panky.

16. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Yes as Jacqui has already announced we are officially KC2 (KC squared = Kombi club Kombi Couple.) Im sure we will have many adventures together and be the subject of many a jest (velcro shoes, mt spannerama, boxcutters thaks for that one Andy) I also admit that I cannot wait 5 wks to see her again so am planning a flight down before Nimbin, Thankyou all for what was an incredible weekend.

Also im not to shy, to say openly a very Special Thankyou to Jacqui for taking me and my heart somewhere I wasnt sure it would ever go again. It was already a trip to remember now its an event to never forget.

Hugs Handshakes and smiles to all.

17. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Awwwww.... :)

Out = Bachelor & Debutant Balls
    In = Kombi Meets!

18. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

That was beautiful Glen.

19. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

[​IMG] How sweet Glowy...((HUG))
    Judy

20. heartland

heartland New Member

Glen your words were "just beautiful" - I'm so pleased for you and Jacqui to be feeling that way - you have a beautiful heart and soul and you deserve to be loved and feel special.

Big Hugs to you both :)