Eden 2008

Discussion in 'The National Kombi Club Bus Stop 2008' started by ruby6689, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Necro

Necro Active Member

Ahhh Eden, what a blast...

It was so much fun to see everyone and meet new people, I even met the Queen....Miss Lulu limped home and has joined the casualty list...

She too lost her third cylinder, limping up hills quite badly ir was an arduos journey home....last year the high back seats hurt so I tried low backs...they look great but are worse, I give up I am going to get another brands seats.

The mechanic says at best $800 maybe $1600 and if I want it changed into a 2000, $2200....poor Lulu, kind of took the lustre of for a while, then I remembered all the laughs I had with mates and the lustre is shining again.

A special mention to Judy and Mick who lugged a new set of wheels for Lulu, all the way from Nimbin to Eden...and also a special mention for Doc who traded the wheels for some work for Marley. I was proud to make things for Marley and now extra proud Lulu is sporting her old wheels...Thanks Doc they look magnificent....:) I couldn't be happier and thanks again Judy and Mick, you all are wonderful KC People. Now all I need is an engine so I can drive her around....

Glow, you have created a monster, I can't stop twirling my mind is thinking in revolutions, I am even practicing in the dark, I have made a smaller stick out of a branch, not that clever really...but I am twirling while I watch telly, while I garden, when I go to the nursery....walking to work...I can't stop....practising with staff every day....I have several tricks now including a throw, but now I am stopping learning new tricks and trying to learn transitions between tricks, and oh finger rolls, gotta love a finger roll...then when I can do it for five minutes without hitting myself or dropping it, well then clown boy becomes flame boy.....:) Thanks Glen, nice way to remember meeting you, you are a lovely bloke and I am glad to have met you. Good luck in your new romance....:)

To everyone else that shared a laugh, a smile, a drink or a hug. Thankyou for making Eden a lovely holiday. Being one of the last few there, it was sad to see people go and to leave the last few behind. But oh what fun it was....:)

2. Doc

Doc Active Member

Master clown I am glad you liked the wheels and of course thanks to Lorraine and Andy for carting them and storing them and Judy and Mick your Legends.

3. Necro

Necro Active Member

Ooops how remiss of me, such an errant clown....

Sorry Lorraine and Andy, you too were very instrumental in saving the wheels for me and taking them to Nimbin from the Gold Coast, and storing them for so long, so I could eventually get them. You two are angels....:)

I spent all day at Eden on Saturday polishing them Doc, I love them...Was a bit worried when they hit the back guards, but we took the nuts out of the drums and all was right...:) I just kept walking around her looking at her wheels....Thanks so much Doc...:)

I will post a piccie soon, just need to hook the phone up to the poota...

4. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Here ya go Babe...

Miss Lulu before:

[​IMG]

& after:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  5. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

OOOOOOH. Pretty Lulu. Even if she can't move very well at the moment, she can still look gorgeous Dave. :)

6. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

I can't believe I didn't see this great gossip thread before!

Woz; I'm not embarrassed, please keep these rumors going I'm having a great time reading them.

:rolleyes: I may have left early? :rolleyes:

Stevie

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

I think we need to start a new Topic called KC romances!

I reckon I must be psychic as I had Stevie and Amanda match made well before they had even meet .....come on Stevie, Glen's confessed what about you?;)

Lorraine

8. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Yes now all we need is a Airline sponsorship on here...
    for the KC romances & we will have it all then...lol
    Judy

9. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

KC could startup its own online dating business, call it RSVW......:D

10. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Is silence incriminating?

11. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Stevie
    :) YES :)

Good one Judy, I think there is going to be a lot of cheap flights booked ....love the RSVW name

12. understanding_mercury

understanding_mercury Member

Haha RSVW brilliant craig! and lorraine who would have guessed you were psychic lol

See what you missed all you guys who couldn't make it?! Absolute brilliant weekend, and we were thinking of you as we sat around having beers and sing-alongs! I'll be home in a few days so i can post pics then but Norbert and i had a fantastic time and can't wait to see a lot of you again hopefully in Nimibin!

Cheers!
    Amanda

13. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia Member

Please don't rub it in any more! BooHoo we missed it. :( :( Perhaps when it comes a bit closer one year. :rolleyes: Sounds like everyone had a fantastic time...just like I predicted...? ;)