Eden No More For Us

Discussion in 'The National Kombi Club Bus Stop 2008' started by heartland, Feb 19, 2008.

1. heartland

heartland New Member

It is with a heavy heart and much sadness that I announce we will no longer be coming to Eden.

At this stage we have a few commitments both family and financially that have swayed this decision - as sad as I feel, and I really hate missing out on the event I feel quite proud of myself for making a sensible adult decision. :)

So all you lucky campers off to Eden have a great trip and think of us and raise a toast we will here.

2. kombimatt

kombimatt Active Member

Jane I am sad to hear this as I know you were so very much looking forward to it.

I was getting a bit jealous as the time drew nearer that we wouldn't be there and it all sounds like it will be so much fun. You can maybe take a little solace in knowing that!

Hope all is OK with you and yours and look on the bright side there will always be Busstop 2009 and 2010. At the moment we are looking at 2010 to coincide with some long service leave!

All the best.

3. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

What??? NOOOO!!!!! :(

That's a terrible shame, Jane. I was really looking forward to meeting you and the gang. Unfortunately these things happen though. Like I said - a shame.

4. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Oh, honeybunch, that's a major bummer. I was SO looking forward to spending some more, quality time with you, but I'm proud of you for making your very sensible "adult" decision. don't worry. Next year is not that far away. :D

5. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Such a shame Jane. I am sure there will be other chances and opportunities for us all to meet up at some time. Chin up..it sux being an adult sometimes, doesn't it?

6. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

Sorry to hear that Jane, you must be disappointed. There are not to many things more important than Kombi's, but family is certainly one of them. I can't go either (Easter is my busy time). At least there will be two of us on the KC.

Rev.

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Bummer that's no good at all, would you believe I just put you mug in Molly 5 mins ago so I wouldn't forget to take it.
    I'll pass it on to someone else to get it to you.
    I really enjoyed meeting you and Tony and was so looking forward to catching up again.....I'm sure there will be another time......Hope all is OK at home.......Lorraine

8. Golfy

Golfy Member

Eden 2008

HI! Jane sorry to hear you are not coming as we were looking forward to travel back with you. But we will be seeing you in Tassie, thanks again for meeting us when we arrive. Lynn

Hi! Lorraine, We will be meeting up with Jane in Tassie and if you would like us to take the mug over and give to her your quite welcome.

9. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

[​IMG] No Jane ...so sorry to hear you all aren't coming..
    I was so looking forward to sharing a few "Fairy bombs" with you...
    But we must be big girls now & act maturely & accept what path life takes us ....
    Hope all is ok
    Judy

10. heartland

heartland New Member

Thanks guys for all your kind words - I hate being mature and adult but sometimes you just know that it is without a doubt the right thing to do. How many sleeps till Easter 09!

11. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Make that 3.

Baz

12. Necro

Necro Active Member

I tried being an adult once, wasn't very good at it...

So sorry to hear your not coming, I was looking forward to meeting you too...:(

Bugger!

13. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Nooooo!!!! Tis a shame, but I Look foreward to catching up soon, next Tassie meet after Kempton maybe.

I'm not all that good at being Adult either Dave!!

14. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

I vos told I vos a dolt.

15. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Noooooo, I just saw this, that is awful news, and michelle wont be there as well. I will try my best to enjoy it so much that you can feel it. catch you some other time. Glen

16. heartland

heartland New Member

Thanks Glen that would be great if you could try really hard to enjoy yourself so we can feel that vibe too!!!!! ;)

Joe is devastated that he won't get to watch and participate in some fire-twirling ("But Glow said we could do it with real fire if we practice and I have been").

We'll be home here raising a toast to you all and keenly waiting for photos to appear!