Employment post

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ttmck, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Marty

Marty Active Member

Are there many other KC'ers looking for work at the moment?

2. dan_b

dan_b Member

we will be after a job after bonny hills.
    can travel any were for it.
    1 of us is a mechanic,other is a nanny
    but we do bond cleans,hotel cleaning

3. RatCamper

RatCamper New Member

I'll throw myself in here. Why not, hey?

I can program computers, do some electronic / embedded design. I have worked in the games industry, both computer and traditional (board/card games).
    I can build computer systems, set up networks, and troubleshoot. I also have experience in a lot of obsolete platforms as I enjoy retrocomputing. I am experienced with Linux and use it on a daily basis.

I spent over a year as an Elite Interviewer collecting information for a statewide survey commisioned by the Victorian government.

Licenses:
    Car, Heavy rigid vehicle, forklift.

I also hold a redcard and bluecard.

Right now I'm living near Shepparton. If anyone has any work I'd really love to hear about it.

4. dbs

dbs Member

Always keeping my eye out for something interesting.
    ;)

5. urbexdweller

urbexdweller Member

im also into IT, no propper qualifications but i can build systems and troubleshoot, offer tech support, i currently work for a Multimedia Advertising company called Multiscreen who sell advertising systems, taking tech calls, building the systems, packing them and doing errands/odds and ends

have also worked as a cleaner, bar hand, waiter, kitchenhand, production worker/labourer, furniture removalist, mechannics assistant/car disassembler, production manager, PC rollour engineer , Team Leader, picker and packer,

Licencese: car, Forklift.

id love to find some work in another state..

Nick

6. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

My son, 16 (almost 17), has almost finished his Certificate IV in IT (Networking) and is hoping to find an IT traineeship in Sydney.

He did his Certificate II part-time 3 nights a week while still at school studying his school certificate and working part-time at Red Rooster. He knuckled down and did very well, earning distinctions. He left school at the end of Year 10 last year and was fast tracked into the Cert IV at TAFE. He will finish at the end of this term and hopes to continue studies part-time to earn his diploma but wants to get some work in the field.

Any leads to traineeships or similar would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Baz

7. dbs

dbs Member

tell him to hit the local IT consultants and stay away from the telco and broadband call centres.
    ;)

8. GypsyWannabe

Thanks. I've been told that before. He'll want to be hands on anyway, not sitting on a phone.

Baz

9. dbs

dbs Member

10. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I removed my old posts and am combining them in this one.

I am currently in need of a new job, prefer something in the areas of Narellan, Camden, Campbelltown, Liverpool, or along the major train lines.

Previous experience is in Sales, mostly I.t and Technology sales, although more recently I have been a sales rep for a Auto parts company. I spent time as a Purchasing and Floor manager with a Large big box retailer. I thrive on customer satisfaction and really enjoy face to face dealings with people. Looking at a role in sales or perhaps retail management positions. ie assistant manager or Floor manager positions. any help is greatly appreciated. I have been looking on seek etc without much luck.

11. RatCamper

RatCamper New Member

Well, I'm currently locating to Finley NSW, and will be needing employment.
    I've already had an offer from a Real Estate agent for maintaining the vacant places for sale, but that can't happen until I can finish fixing my trailer and registering it.
    Bought the trailer for a great price, but since then it has cost me dearly.

Like I said previously my specialty is computers but I can do pretty much anything, except constant heavy lifting. As I found moving furniture all day was not compatible with my spine.

I'm also looking to break into the hospitality career path, namely food preparation. Any suggestions I'd love to hear.

12. GypsyWannabe

Woo hoo for Ben! He finished his Cert IV and just started his Diploma course this semester. The Dept of Education and Training advertised 452 positions across NSW as Technology Support Officers in high schools as part of the Laptops for Learning program. He applied for 4 regions in Sydney and so far has been interviewed for 2 regions. He just got a call and email today offering him a position and at a school just down the road - at a school where half of his friends who went on to Year 11 will be! Full-time temporary until December 2012 and quite a good starting salary for a 16 year old, I think.

I'm so proud of him - he has worked hard after not :umm: early being "into it" while he was at high school.

I guess the hardest challenge he will find will be avoiding the distractions of his friends... and the girls - they will be off limits! ;)

Now, to convince him to continue his diploma part-time... :wtf:

Baz

13. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Well done Ben:)
    It'll be tough being staff at a school where your mates are. I reckon that's a real challenge.
    Ben, get as much education as you can in your chosen field, you won't regret it, even if you do go off on a different career later.

14. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

Well done Ben! Every right to be proud Baz.

Rev.

15. GypsyWannabe

Yes, I should be, eh? I spent a lot of time helping him address the selection criteria in his application. I would have given me an interview, too! :lol:

Seriously, though, teenagers can surprise you sometimes, can't they!

He's already looking for a car... not a Kombi (he wants a Prelude or something) but, still, he did say he enjoyed driving Janie today, so there's still hope.

Baz

16. jerrys_bus

jerrys_bus Active Member

congrats Ben

listen to your dad, you can never have enough learnen:D

17. JayBone

JayBone Member

Right here goes....

I am an Electrical Maintenance Technician and a Production Technician (Operations) in the Oil Industry

I am working offshore in Azerbaijan at the moment for BP, however with my imminent move to Australia i am interested in finding work closer to my new home.

I have sent my CV to many companies, some of which have current recruitment campaigns i.e. Chevron with the North West shelf Gorgon Project.

However with most jobs in the oil industry, a good CV and experience mean nothing unless somebody reading your CV has heard of you or knows somebody who has.

Therefore, if there are any KC members who happen to be in the industry or know of people who are and can put me in touch with them it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  18. OberonViking

OberonViking Active Member

High school Maths teacher.
    It's a real conversation stopper, that is.

19. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Hi Jon

This mob appear to be one of the biggest recruiters involved in gas and oil. There has been a recent surge in work in the bass straight. They charge a small fee to get you going but van definately lead you in the right direction.

http://www.hogan-oil.com/

Good Luck with it all.:)

20. JayBone

JayBone Member

Cheers Aspro i will check them out and see what happens:)