Employment post

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ttmck, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Roy 1972

Roy 1972 New Member

well, Desperate times call for desperate measures...

I'm 25 y/o and urgently looking for a job around Newcastle area (Or Sydney - I'll re-locate if the job is right).

I have a Business Diploma from a Sydney college and plenty of experience in small business management and sales/retail...

The rent is killing me but what kills me most is the fact that my 72' camper is sitting in the garage and i need money to fix a very very dodgey restoration done recently.

So, Kc members if anyone knows of anything that pays a good salary please PM or post here for me PLEASE!

p.s if anyone can get me to the mining/ construction industry without me having to pay ridiculous fees for courses that don't guarantee employment anyway that's the ultimate achievement from this post for me (and if i can learn how to weld and on the way i promise to help replacing bog filled panels for the person who gets me there :lol: )

And besides , if anyone here helps me find a job it saves me from having to explain why i need to take time-off every time there is a VW event..

Thanks in advance,

Roy.

2. Doody

Doody Member

Work Wanted - Newcastle

My 19 year old son is studying at University of Newcastle and looking for part-time work. In his gap year he worked full-time as a waiter/kitchen hand/barista. Has RSA & RCG. References available.

Works hard and is reliable. Has own car.

Would appreciate any leads.

Doody

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Chef position on sunshine coast. Cafe/patisserie
    you will be main chef responsible for prep for salads and light lunches. Need to create some simple good flavours. Lunch service till about 3pm , Responsible for own ordering and menu.
    relaxed environment but need to be confident, organised and clean work practices.
    Would also suit a 3rd year apprentice who is confident in the above and interested in some finishing with a top notch patissier .

Send me a Pm if interested and I will pass on owners details and more info if you want it

cheers
    col

4. beastieboy

beastieboy Member

My name is Dave.
    I'm certain sometimes it is mistaken for SLAVE!
    :lol:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  5. Dredhead

Dredhead Member

Hey got some work available at Soundwaves concert, RNA showgrounds Brisbane sat 23rd sun 24th feb 2013.
    If you're interested contact our roster manager Cheri, rosters@tooup.com.au 0419 397 100. She has all the details.

It is cleanup so you will get a picker and a bucket to keep the grounds clean, but get to wander around and check out the bands. Pretty easy stuff.

Mention you got referred by Wazza.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  6. pvwg

pvwg Member

7. REB

REB Member

There is jobs out there you just have to get the uni qualifications and try as hard as you can to get the job.
    Ive looked into doing a course of conveyancing.
    Theres also plenty of apprenticeships around and not enough people doing them.
    I mean my son is doing it but how long will that last,if you become a sparky then youll have a job for life.
    I'm doing lawn mowing on the side,there are a lot of lazy people out there.
    Lawn mowings not too bad a money start your business on a shoestring and work your way up, theres plenty of web sites that are free.
    letterbox drop in your local area,knock on real estate doors etc.
    these type of business do make money ,just takes a while.

syncro likes this.
  8. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Part time work Northern Beaches

Just thought I'd put this on here in case any of the kombi crew are looking for work. I'm looking for someone to do strata cleaning, Monday Wednesday and Friday. Part time and varying hours, would need own transport. Equipment and uniform supplied, $$$ depends on your situation but roughly $20-$25 per hour or more if you have ABN and insurance. Must be reliable , I'm a good boss :)

9. Bloss

Bloss Member

My Son who lives in Canberra is desperate for a job any Job, if he can't get one soon he has to move back home, Michael is 24 has a bachelor of Graphic Design is excellent with anything computer related and has retail experience. So ant of you Canberans out there want to save me from having my son move back in Please save me he lives on the northside but is willing to travel a reasonable distance. He is big strong and healthy mob number is 0418748958

10. fancy-bug

fancy-bug Member

Hi,

Im headed over with my wife in October, and we are both looking for employment, we already hold out PR189 visa, so have full working rights in place, so here goes

Me (James)

Experienced aircraft engineer on both rotary and fixed wing, i leave the UK military in july, and i hold an EASA B1.1 maintenance license. I have recent experience on Britton Norman Islanders, A330,A340 and B747.

My Wife (Amanda)

Experienced Chartered certified accountant, most experienced in practise, and holding her ACCA qualification.

We are both keen to get into employment soon after we arrive in australia, and are keen to hear of any opportunities in the Brisbane area.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  11. evan&janine

evan&janine Active Member

Have at it, I Evan am currently seeking work, been trade qual as printer with own shop, done sheet metal bender operation, spent previous year doing house renos, worked as cleaner, prefer work in clean environment, and nearer to home if not asking too much, all options considered. Thank you in advance.

12. evan&janine

What a great concept, I Evan am currently seeking work in the logan, southern brisbane area, trade qual as printer but prefer other work, been -sheet metal bender machine operator, motor dealership general cleaner, and most recent was truck parts courier, - prefer learn new - woodwork shop, panel shop, car detailing, all option considered, thank you in advance.

ruby6689 likes this.
  13. Waz356

Waz356 Member

It was one of those weeks I suppose. I picked up my new (to me) kombi on April 9 and was made redundant on the 13th. Still trying to look for the positives - lots of free time to work on Rex. Oh well, interesting times ahead.

ruby6689 likes this.
  14. evan&janine

Not looking for the ladder, but still looking !!

15. evan&janine

Still looking # @ $ / ^&*()