1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EV Kombis

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Voltwagen, Jan 9, 2019.

1. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

:lol: Worked at a crane building mob that had a team of 15 electricians who worked on systems up to 600vac from memory, only one of them had a licence and when he left they didn't both to replace him.
    None of the people installing the wiring etc in caravans and motorhomes are licenced and they use a system where one was checked and passed so they all pass. I think NSW might have improved that last bit lately, but the other part is still the same throughout the various RV builders.

T1 Terry

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

That's illegal in NSW for the 240V part.

3. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Rail industry. We were still qualified tradesmen but no electrician's licence.

4. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Not a Kombi but my mate brought his Christmas present around - Tesla S Performance.

0 - 100 in ...............2.4 seconds.
    You head just smacks into the headrest

Now....... if I could get that in my bay and a big f’off stereo playing the sounds of a 40HP motor.........

:D:eek::D:eek:o_O

David H likes this.
  5. pat84

pat84 Member

6. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.............

7. T1 Terry

I thought about an audio output of a VeeDub motor with extractors (cause the note is better) that varied with either motor speed or road speed, much like that cigarette lighter thing that plays a V8 Chev sound through the stereo speakers.
    The other one was someone doing the "dakka dakka dak dak" sound and that speeding up with the motor speed :lol:

T1 Terry

8. T1 Terry

It can be purchased a lot cheaper than EV Wests asking price ..... But why would anyone want to put a Tesla drivetrain in a kombi ..... :D

T1 Terry

9. OXO

OXO New Member

Barry and TeeBee like this.