1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expensive green slips

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Jenny Frappell, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Jenny Frappell

Jenny Frappell Active Member

Just had an interesting conversation with a lovely young lady from the NRMA about why my green slip was $120 more expensive than 12 months ago.
    Apparently my kombi is an older vehicle ( as opposed to 12 months ago when it was a whole year younger). I asked what the difference was between 42 years old and 43 years old and she really couldn't give me an answer other than to say that the kombi had less safety features. I politely pointed out (okay, I may have sounded a bit shreaky) that the car was now worth more than 12 months ago, was much improved safety wise and far more reliable (it wasn't even registered 12 months ago). The children don't drive it, and in fact are banned from travelling in it except in parades at kombi meets, and I have a perfect safety record and all other insurances with NRMA, (except the comprehensive on the Kombi).
    I was wasting my breath, but I do feel better.
    Just thought that I would share this frustration with like minded people.

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Time to look around Jen.
    Shannons do all my vehicles, comprehensive & CTP.
    My most recent kombi CTP was $514.00
    (I'm over 50, clean record......)
    Cheers,
    Mark

3. Jenny Frappell

Mine was $582. Thinking seriously about cancelling it. Thanks Mark.

4. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

5. Uke Baby

Uke Baby Active Member

There's changes to the green slip scheme (I think from today) that will make them cheaper. How much cheaper I don't know.

6. andrewjdriscoll

andrewjdriscoll Active Member

Hi Jenny,

I, too, had an interesting conversation with the NRMA earlier in the year regarding a CTP premium. I rang up to enquire how my premium could rise by more than 30% ($395 to $527) in a climate of 2% inflation. I was told (no kidding) that due to a large number of bogus claims in south west Sydney that EVERYONE'S premiums were going up! After futile protestations that I neither live in south west Sydney or have made a bogus claim, nor that I have a clean driving record, I gave up and rang Shannon's who insure my bus. $400.
    As Mark said,"shop around".

regards,

AJD

cbus likes this.
  7. Jenny Frappell

8. Jenny Frappell

Yes, I got the same story. I have never made a claim! I think that they are coping a bit of flack from customers.