1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellow surfers??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surfajoey, Apr 2, 2008.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Here is a picture of my husband in Tonga last week. It was small but fun.
    [​IMG]

2. yellow pencils

yellow pencils New Member

Melissa..that is a cool photo....nice

3. kombicad

kombicad New Member

a bloke i surf with is an ex "to & from" (pom). he said you guys all head down to cornwall in the summer. thats dedicated. just remember when you get here, everything in this country wants to kill you and eat you. spiders, snakes, sharks, jellyfish, crocadiles, and their just the friendly animals. catch up for a surf when your headed through nsw.

cheers,
    glen :eek:

4. joel268

joel268 New Member

Is that Tonga near Figi?

5. melissa

Yes it is. He and a mate stayed at a surf resort (I'll ask him the name later) that is run by an Aussie who has been there for 20 years. They wanted to originally go to Fiji but the surf resort they wanted was booked out when they tried to book.

6. winerot

winerot Active Member

surfing for 40 years now & driving kombi's for 35 years now so its hand in hand, the surf & vw
    are still going strong in my aging veins nowadays.

Attached Files:

7. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

cool posts guy and Mel....sure was small waves but super clean

8. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

Just an update...still havnt hit the water due to work committments,,,Vic is strating to get darker earlier now and a lot cooler at night....winds and swells havnt been favourable for surfing...but I can feel it in my old bones those huge southerly swells will start to pound our coast this winter. Looking forward to a cold big winter surfing season.

9. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

cool..........Im glad someones gettin waves dude

10. melissa

Seal Rocks...

[​IMG]

11. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

cool pic Mel....pity about the wave a little bit floppy hahaha

12. kombicad

kombicad New Member

better days to come

as i sit bolted to my desk & computer today, i look at these photos & remember why i have to earn a quid.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ah, crescent in late february 2006.

13. .Wez.The.Bay.

.Wez.The.Bay. New Member

Mainly snowboard and skate but do get into the water every now and then..Down at 13 th , bells, jan juc etc..Where abouts in melb you from Joey..? Im in Keilor near Tulla Airport..

Alex.

14. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

cool pics of Crescent head we stop there sometimes on the way to toffy Byron Bay which I love hahaha been heading up ther e since 1982 from Vic cold waters to thaw in sub tropical Byron bay..

15. kombicad

kombicad New Member

spanner water

you guys must be pulling out the seriously thick rubber suits around about this time of year. i've heard that the water's so cold, you get an ice cream headache when you go in the water. that's serious dedication. keep up the good work dude. :p

16. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

hi guys...no way the water is still warm here...wait until june/july then its cold.....apparently a big 10. pulse expected tommorrow...but guess whos working??? oh no me!! ore stories dudes please...ladies you are most welcome too...pros or grommies all can take part the beauty of surfing............................hang cool all

17. yellow pencils

yellow pencils New Member

Went to Currumbin this morning, water was great..surf was rubbish so I played with the kids instead....and what an awesome morning. Here we were splashing about in the water and not 2 meters from us emerged a Dolphin. He/she hung around for at least 2 hours, I have twins at 3 years and a 5 year old, now did they think today was magic. My 5 year old was floating around on her body board with a Dolphin playing nearby...you can't buy that sort of experience. I had the twins under each arm in about waist high water with them laughing and loving this Dolphin nearby. It was such a good day.

Life is great! and made up of fabulous experiences.

18. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

what an awesome tale....I too have had experiences with these magic creatures...nature is truely a wonderful thing...lets not F...it up people......I bet your kids will never forget this day Im sure

19. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

never scared if I know its dolphins///I was paddling back to take off area one big grey Vic surf session got to top of the crest of a wave and saw 5 grey fins comin at me....I though i was GONE!!!!! but then realised it was friendly dolphins they all in sync turned away and flew pass me...gorgeous

20. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Please tell us someone took photos of you and the kids?

Please tell us someone took photos of you and the kids?

That would be the perfect ending to a great day!