1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellow surfers??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surfajoey, Apr 2, 2008.

1. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

Inevitably when magic moments happen there never a cam in reach..pity I must say..if they are taken then most price less pics truely

2. yellow pencils

yellow pencils New Member

alas..no camera was with us.....very sad indeed.

3. kombicad

kombicad New Member

central coast nsw. i picked up that retro for $200.00! surfed it for the first time after i'd had it for a couple of months & promptly went home & sold my "south coast" dog.
    your cousin's a lucky boy. :lol: you have a keen eye to be able to pick up what make it is. you'll have to change your name to "hawkeye"

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  4. kombicad

kombicad New Member

i live at bluey, so that's my main spot but i also surf at shelley & soldiers. occasionally at ruins if the banks are there. were do you surf at ?

5. kombicad

kombicad New Member

you poor bugger. i get out of the water when there's more than ten people in the water. last time i surfed in sydney was at longreef about xmas 2005. my brother lives on, & i mean on, dee why point. he thinks a quiet day is about 50 people.

most of the year bluey is a top longboard wave. all the shorties & dick draggers stay away from us. except this morning when i went down at 6.30am there was about 50 already out. come monday morning their all back at school & work & it's all ours again. the old surfie bludgers on the longboards club.

6. kombiboys

kombiboys New Member

Good surf today/sat water is still warm , no wetsuit and thats at 6.30 am . I was out there for about 2 hours had some nice rides then off to Currimundi for $4.00 bacon & eggs good feed and cheap too.:D

7. kombicad

kombicad New Member

that's gerts. he's a factory trained vw mechanic. very good but very pricey. the breaks round the back of soldiers (boat ramp) are little bomby, big bomby & JDs. good spots in a massive southerly or a weak NE. very crowded though.

8. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

solid ground swell hit southern Vic hitting all reef breaks some good waves to be had by all...except those working boo hoo

9. markeymagicbus

markeymagicbus New Member

surfajoey whats the water temp like at the moment ?

10. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Waves at Moff's yesterday

Here is one wave at Moff's yesterday morning........ on a closer inspection found it to be one of my Year 12's ... Mitch ...... a guy of average ability who spends hours honing his skills. I reckon he surfs a short board like a long board! Very late take-offs needed that day!

One turn.....

[​IMG]

followed by the next frame of the sequence....

[​IMG]

Recovering from the flu has kept me out of the water for a while so have had a play with the new Sony digital SLR.

Going for a paddle this morning with superb fitness, strength and endurance....... bah ha ha ...... hopefully I get out there and don't spend the next hour sitting recovering.

Cheers
    Brett

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  11. kombicad

kombicad New Member

your right, it's almost a drop knee cutty. beautiful shaped wave though. wish i was there. :umm:

12. flipflop

flipflop Member

Hey Brewmaster

You surfing at my spots? Seriously though! I pretty much surf all those spots, except Moffs right, I tend to sit on the inside reef when it's going and get the left. Starting surfing Deadmans at Mooloolaba again to get out of the southerlies. If you see the poo brown kombi, come over and give me a shout.
    I have some real good sessions off Happys/Kings groyne, especailly if it hits the slab and rifles across towards the rip channel

13. The Brewmaster

Hey flipflop

Hey flipflop

Have a Beatbeach mal 9'5" but it just hasn't been much of a mal summer with the banks.

Love Happy's ... my favourite spot....... then Anne Street (Cockatoo's)........Neil Street.......Moff's....... Boat Ramp at Kings.......etc.....

Really need a short board so am working on that!

Can't miss me when I'm there. Kombi is either Otis, an orange 73 Bus with white Empis and 2 spotties........ or Wilfred, a multi-coloured 74 SC Ute.

Mainly surf early as we have a 4 year old so my wife needs a break. Toni drives a 72 sanded Honey Brown 'RAT' Beetle with rats on it and a huge bendy antenna.

Oh and they all have quite loud exhausts! You will most probably hear us before you see us!

Cheers
    Brett

14. The Brewmaster

Mitch loves the pics!

Dropped into Beachbeat (Bullcock St, Caloundra) yesterday and who is on the door looking after the boxes outside but Mitch himself.

Told him about the pics so got his email and that of the store and sent the pics later that afternoon. He was stoked to find someone had taken pics of himself .....oh the vanity coming out in the boy....... and was prepared to give them to him. At least the shop will keep his head from inflating way too big by giving him crap! Onya Sparkie and co.

My good deed for the day as the G'ster and I rushed off to buy a big 12l pot for the mixing up a batch on the stove (requires the mixing up a batch of ingredients on the boil) ....... but alas never got around to mixing it! Perhaps tonight It will be seen to!

Cheers
    Brett

15. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

water temp here in Vic is about 15/17c..so not too bad there was steam coming off the water last night as outside temp dropped to 8c hahaha

16. kombicad

kombicad New Member

water temp mid nsw 19 - 20deg. offshores all night have flatend the swell. glad i got a sneaky in sunday arvo. how's the swell in vic ?

17. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

Swell here has dropped maybe 1-1.5 metres at open beaches..Gunnamatta, Rye etc,,,bay and reef breaks too small...and we are in a real chill snap here at the moment very wintery....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

18. VanRex

VanRex Member

I havn't noticed any Kneeboarders in this thread. Ok I'll admit it I'm a kneeboarder...anyone else? Surf on the central Coast (Kombicad I'm with you when you say you get out when there is more than 10 in the lineup) I generally frequent Pellos, Wamby and Ruins. Occasionally Umina point if it is working but I hate the crap quality of the water there.

Hope there is swell this weekend.

Brendan

19. kombicad

kombicad New Member

smooth dude. we'll have to catch up for a wave. we've probably passed each other a few times in search of waves. we already have a couple of kneeboarder regulars at bluey. we talk to them just like they were normal people too. :lol: i'm in a white T3 Trakka with a big red "southcoast" sticker on the back window. whats your ride?

20. Live&Direc

Live&Direc Member

I've got a shorty I try and get a wave or two on down at Anglesea (Angy-Dangy) or further west at Urquhart Bluff. There's hardly a sould there outside of Christmas. Beautiful.

I've only been surfing a couple of years, LOTS to learn!

MMM Kombis and Beaches.