1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellow surfers??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surfajoey, Apr 2, 2008.

1. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

van rex I use to knee board...loads of fun and radical moves and tubes......Ive been standing now last 10/12 years...and occasionally have a kneel on my stand up boards...hahaha

2. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Kombi's and surfin, is there a better life?
    What if you combine the two?

Attached Files:

• 353.JPG
      353.JPG
      File size:
      84.5 KB
      Views:
  3. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Hey there kombicad i grew up at macmasters beach and surfed all over the place but never blue bay. I ride a 9'1 longboard in all conditions.
    The best surf i have ever had would be split between green island down south and north shelley.

4. HIP13

HIP13 Member

Anyone have an old longboard laying around...and by old im talking classic longboard..i want a mid 70's style board to do up to match the Dual cab im building....i figured this is the best place to start. have found a few around the place but need some serious work to have them restored.

5. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

Green Island, now that takes me back. Definately one of the best waves I have surfed is green island 4-5ft with a handful of guys one lazy late summer day with dolphins ahead of you down the line!:wtf:
    Sorry for the indulgence but the mention of green island sent this desert dweller into some kind of flashback big time!

6. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

I can talk all day about green island!
    i used to stay at that caravan park on the lake every year for about 20 years

7. kombicad

kombicad New Member

good to see. i've never surfed green island myself but i've heard alot about it. my preferences are crescent & scotts off season. we try not to bring too much attention to bluey. it's a point / reef break & can fill up with idiots very fast. i usually stear clear on the weekends & leave it to the weekend warriors.

i get down to saratoga at least once a week. i pick up work off a client down there. nice spot. your profile says your a grease monkey. do you work on VWs ?

what sort of bus do you drive, i'll keep an eye out for it.

8. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

this is my home break...small but clean

Attached Files:

9. davidp.

davidp. Member

Hi,
    Just got back 2 days ago from 3 weeks in Bali, while my bus was also having a holiday at the panelbeaters.
    Surfed every day...24 degrees or so in the water and around 3-4' of swell on average.
    Bummer to get back to onshores and cold water.
    Surfed mainly Airports lefts. Plenty of surfers, but usually plenty of waves. There were guys out in a rubber duckie taking photos to sell to us tourists, so I bought a few... great souvenir (when ya not sure how many more years of surfing ya have left in ya).
    Cheers,
    David

10. kombicad

kombicad New Member

nice. looks like one hell of a paddle out though. would help to keep the crowds down.

11. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

Yeah the paddle out is wow I guess well over 500metres.....not good if a fin appears hahaha

12. Kombirod

Kombirod New Member

hmmm, Green Island, late summer surfs.:p

No crowds, no mobile phone reception

Jeez I can't wait for summer:cry:

13. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Yeah I work on kombi's, my work does all cars but iam the kombi mechanic if one ever comes in. I drive a martini olive bay with two tone white.
    You can see it parked infront of the tyre joint in kincumber everyday,also in sara opposite the church b4 the shops.

How about a KC weekend down at Green Island?

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  14. kombicad

kombicad New Member

ahhh . . . i passed your bus often. i was down that way on moday arvo & noticed it parked on the main. it's in good nick. boards in the back ready to go.

not a big fan of heading south myself but, my daughter's going away on a school camp at the end of the year & i was planning on sneaking off to crescent / scotts for a few days while she's gone. it's off season & through the week so maybe we can organise a get together ? surf & herbs getaway

15. kombicad

kombicad New Member

the next point down, Toowoon, is about that far to paddle. by the time you get there your stuffed. a good 15 min sit & obsereve while you wait to get it back together.

16. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Any surf with fellow kombi lovers will be great!`Dont care where it is.

17. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

Nice little surf today guys...offshore and peaky.....anyone else hit the waves???

18. Archeress

Archeress Guest

not me alex...im just off to the fruit shop so cant stay ay

19. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

hahaha kelly what ya gonna buy??? apples or bananas???

20. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Still cant picture you on a surfboard alex.....you will have to throw up a pic for the forum......i dare ya.