1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellow surfers??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surfajoey, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Macca-deluxe75

Macca-deluxe75 Member

Gee surfajoey you are brave.. My kids had a bit of a fright when I first started to surf about 2 years ago. I got knock out in the water my son came to the rescue and said "Mum you ever do that again and I swear I will kill you". So I stick to the smaller waves and I have found the older you get the less brave you are...:eek:

2. jared

jared New Member

The surf oh the surf .... Appreciate it guys !!! i now live in townsville with the ocean 30 meters from my front door and for what use.... nothing bar the infestation of stingers and tiger sharks !!!

3. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

poor bastard

4. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

Friday arvo...smallish swell on Ocean side at Flinders..me and 2 mates reko meanos the go. Such a cool session, only 3 of us out for 1 hr,,glassy offshore...suky 2-4ft on the peak..nice right hander. Sun out to take the chill off..only 13c in and out of water brrrrrrrrrrrrr but so so worrth it!!
    Come on guys more tales please especially from our female skegs!! Let the family grow!!

5. VanRex

VanRex Member

Hey who is taking a board to Valla? We gotta have a session.

I'll be at the White Albatros in Nambucca and my board is already packed.

Brendan

6. Aging Surfie

Aging Surfie New Member

Aging Surfie

Jeez I missed this thread. I've Surfed & Windsurfed for ever ! Nothing like having a beach & left hand reef/point break 10-30 minutes from home. And Margies region in 2 hours. I'll post some photos from a recent session soon.

I have
    6' Keel Fin Fish
    6'4 Thruster
    6'6' Hybrid Fish
    8' Mal.
    11' SUP
    and 2 wave windsurfboards.

I need a Kombi to fit it all in.:lol:

Deano

7. Aging Surfie

Aging Surfie New Member

Pho

Here is one shot of a 19 shot sequence taken three weeks ago. Riding a 6'4 thruster at 46 years old at my local beach break. This was an exceptional day.

[​IMG]

8. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

hey Brendan
    Chuck and I are planning on doing a bit of surfing at Valla!

9. milo

milo New Member

gee theres a few of you guys that live on the northern beaches and like probably most of us have a rack of boards and some hidden from the wife. i live at freshie and surf north steyne or try to surf depending on crowds all the time and hang out at the table of knowledge across from dripping wet and honalulu grill i probably know a few you guys. i use to have a kombi in my youth and im BACK, I DONT CARE WHAT SHE SAYS, IM BACK in the market for a splitty but know nothing about them. that feels better

10. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Welcome back Milo

11. milo

milo New Member

thanx. off to crescent head for our hot august surf safari on august 21 for 4 days in my twin cab 94 model vw (wish it was a splitty) with a group of about 20 manly guys, that'l piss some of the locals of. luckily i know some or maybe wont after this

12. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

So jealous about now! I love crescent head! Check out plummer too and delicate nobby.

13. milo

milo New Member

yeah i always check those spots out even queens. the guys range from 15 to 52 and us older guys turn into teenagers some returning with injuries

14. VanRex

VanRex Member

Jon,
    Definately a session or two. I'll see you at the run on saturday morning.

Brendan

15. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

lovely winters morning greay off shore fun reef breaks to 1 mtr. Hit it guys!!

16. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

any surfers there

17. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Flat as a mill pond here .....

Flat as a mill pond here .....:mad:

Only thing I saw out this morning was a stand-up paddle boarder at Moffats and nothing else!

Only hope that there is a bit of a wave with the incoming tide now at Anne Street.

Oh well ........

18. Kombi Man

Kombi Man New Member

wow there reali is a surfer's thread on here, sweet!!!!! i only started surfing a couple of years ago and i cant stop now:lol: but the one thing i always associated with surfing was KOMBIES!!!!!!!!!! nah anyone in South Aust surf ???

19. winerot

winerot Active Member

had a nice little session at cabins a nice quiet little beach here without any road
    to it,1 to 2 ft rolling in onto the bank & jacking up a little to make for a nice take off
    into a glassy right & left wall,fun waves to enjoy for an hour then back to serving the
    throng as they come in for lunch.
    mate i love my life on days like this just love being a shop owner in a quiet little village.

20. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Sounds like a nice lifestyle Wally,i really need to take a look down your way one day( as he reaches for the road atlas).:)