1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Felt channel clips

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by Keith, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Keith

Keith Member

Kombi Kommunity,
    How do the felt channel clips work? I am attaching the new inner and outer scrapers, felt channels & seals to the quarter glass and I am in a world of pain:( . I have read how to do it, I have taken my time, but I am either lacking in confidence or skill (perhaps both:lol: :lol: ).

I have even had a few beers to steady my nerves...any help would be a message from God (as he has heard his name mentioned 1000 times in the last 24 hours or so)

Keith,
    Brisbane

2. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

They are evil.........I think that your supposed to push them into the holes and you get one go at getting the felt to mold in and grab other wise they break when you pull them out. Not a lot of give in them....

3. Keith

Keith Member

Thanks StevieVW,
    Say a prayer for me tomorrow at around 10:30am as I am about to undertake the job.

If anyone else remembers tips please let me know

Keith
    Brisbane

4. Keith

Keith Member

I replaced the seals, felt channels and the scrapers. These words came out many times today...
    God!
    Jesus!
    Jesus Christ!
    Jesus, Mary and Holy Saint Joseph!
    Flopping Harry!
    What the @#**!
    I can't believe it!
    Hold the light still!
    Don't tell me I scratched the new @#**@#G PAINT!

I did it!
    One of best bits of advice is a thread that Roy has done a couple of years ago dated the 18th/9/2007...It helped me out a lot.

Now it is off to mass so that I can pray for forgiveness...

Keith
    Brisbane