1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few before and during restoration pictures

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Skippyvw, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Skippyvw

Skippyvw Member

Its mouse grey bottom and pearl white top

2. Skippyvw

Skippyvw Member

Few more pics, love how neat the body cut was grafted in by Irvs restorations. Thanks for the kind messages. A few people over here have said we have ruined a panel van and we should have sold it and bought another with windows. After 5 years or working on it over weekends and any spare time getting it solid on the underside and kids turning up in that time just had to fit them some windows for them. No fun for them traveling in the dark.

22091642_10213081224161200_141235235_n.jpg 22773655_10213268558484441_1839755225_n.jpg 23114667_10213328667867138_2053726217_n.jpg 23772232_10213477510548112_1292859848_n.jpg 23758487_10213477510508111_1844471807_n.jpg

Grantus, grantw, Syncro27 and 3 others like this.
  3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

The windows are well done so who cares. More provenance in making what you have suit the new family rather than start again with someone else's rust bucket.
    VERY nice standard all round.

Skippyvw, Jethro and Blunderbus like this.
  4. Borgey

Borgey Well-Known Member

You wouldn’t even know that was a panel. The windows look spot on. Well done mate.... when are you shipping it back over? :D

Skippyvw likes this.
  5. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Skippyvw,
    Looks like it was always like that;). Excellent job:D. Kids be happy with windows:cool:. I'm with the rest.........when you bringing him home:p?
    Cheers

Skippyvw likes this.
  6. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Mate, people do a lot of modifications to kombis, some even have most of the roof cut out and replaced with a fibre glass panel that pops up......your window job looks like an absolute work of art!! Can't wait to see the finished product, keep the progress pics coming!!

JoshG and Skippyvw like this.
  7. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Agree with the consensus - you have done a fantastic job of the conversion and used factory windows to do it - thats why everyone loves it.

The panels with holes hacked in them are not to my liking - if you want windows in your panel - you have to do what you have done - buy a factory set and weld them in. My mate Chucky (77/Kombi/surfer on here) did that with his 62 with the help of his mate Pat.

They look great when done - its finding the donor windows thats the hard part - then the job of repairing them as well as fitting them.

8. Skippyvw

Skippyvw Member

I had a restorer irvs restorations install the windows and carry out the paint job as family life was taking up to much time these days to finish it. Had taken 6 years to get the mental work completed. Family outings planned already for next year just need to put everything back together then off to trimmers.

Syncro27 and David H like this.
  9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Concur with the compliments ...... certainly looks Gr8 :D

Skippyvw likes this.
  10. JoshG

JoshG Active Member

Very nice job, I love a pano, but you need what you need, as long as it’s done right (which it is) who cares.
    As above the people who just cut a hole and shove any old window in are the evil people haha

Syncro27 and Skippyvw like this.
  11. Subdub67

Subdub67 Active Member

Like this bus and colour, I previously owned a panel and found it too dark in the back for passengers + no view so I think you have made the right move...it's your bus so do what you want. I've got a Subaru engine in mine and get some people asking why? I say why not.

Skippyvw and Jethro like this.
  12. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

:p:):p:):p:)

great answer

Skippyvw, David H and Subdub67 like this.