Final tally for Guide dogs Qld at Klubfest

Discussion in 'Klub Fest 2008 - Gold Coast' started by mish13, Jun 24, 2008.

1. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to update everyone on the outcome of our raffle sales at Klubfest.

Our chosen charity was guide dogs Qld and they sent along two ticket sellers and a beautiful black Labrador guide dog mascot Xavier.They have already said they would love to come back next year and will bring an extra helper along with them.
    We raised a total of $702 from ticket sales and donation from Stevie from the purchase of a painting at Eden.
    I have approached a few different people asking for donations for prises for next year,hit them while the iron is hot I say.With all the publicity on the TV,radio and papers I thought now was a good time while it is fresh in everyone minds.
    Well so far that has paid off with Dream world saying they will supply us a family pass to dream world and one to white water world.This is a fantastic start so hopefully by next year we will have a great bunch of prises.
    Put Klubfest in your calender for next year it will be worth it.
    Michelle

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  2. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Onya Michelle - that's great news. Well done. :) I could even bring Cleo my black lab with me next year and pretend she's a guide dog too. She's far too lazy to do anything naughty, so she'd be a perfect ambassador for them.

3. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Brilliant outcome. That is a fine amount to have raised!

4. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Well done! Really brightens the soul to come on here somedays and see how much the KC contributes to the community, not just in a monetary way either, through support, acknowledgement and empathy.

Today is one of those days :)

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Great to hear - we did our Puppy School Training at the Centre @ Aspley/Bald Hills :) I passed but Mrs and dog failed

6. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

It was a great effort by all involved.
    Thanks must also go to Bowdens Car care products and Hooters restauant for the raffle prizes they donated.

7. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Sorry Roy I forgot the sponsors I would like to add one more Thank you to Southport Yacht club for giving a dinner for two.

8. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

sorry mish forgot about that, very generous indeed

9. Archeress

Archeress Active Member

a nice amaount and a worty cause..