1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire Extinguisher Aldi $10

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by annie, Feb 24, 2010.

1. annie

annie Member

Hi

Aldi has fire extinguisher for $9.99 on sale Thursday 25th Feb
    1kg 1A 10B E
    Is this type okay for a engine fire?

2. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

The extinguisher should be fine as it's designed for Class A and B and E fires (wood, textiles, rubber, plastics, paper, petrol, oil, paint, Switchboards, computers, toasters, and fuse boxes, live electrical appliances).

Take note though, Dry Chem extinguishers will be the most effective for an engine fire, but once used will often deem your engine uselss as Dry Chem powder is messy stuff. Dry Chem powder is also easily displaced, and when used in situations where there may be wind, can be difficult to direct onto the source.

Ensure the extinguisher is fully charged, in date, and any hoses, pins and outlets are in good condition and haven't been tampered with. Invert the exntinguisher every now and then to ensure the powder doesn't compact instelf in the canister.

Hope that helps?

Ash

3. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Man do they make a mess. I used one for a fire in a semi comercial kitchen last year the powder went everywhere inside cupboards took me ages to clean it all up :(

When I was working for a fire company saw one go off acidently and covered this poor guy He looked like a snow man ;) He came out of it OK.

The type there selling at aldi dry powder is what Ive got in my bus.

4. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

As long as it can do the job its a good investment. I have to get one for Max, but i will get one from work.

5. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip may head off to the local Aldi tomorrow. 1 for Bubbaand 1 for the garage me thinks

6. Weeds

Weeds Member

They are back at Aldi on sale from 17th March for $12.99.