Fixing threads that have Photobucket images

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by TheYorkieBar, Jul 9, 2017.

1. TheYorkieBar

TheYorkieBar Active Member

Hi Guys,

After photofucket disabled the linking of images, i need a way to ressurect the pics on my resto thread here:

http://www.forums.kombiclub.com/threads/1972-deluxe-stunt-truck-pic-heavy-links-updated.54369/

Here is here is how I did it:

Goto http://postimg.org/ and create an account (It's Free)

Go to your first post in this forum you want to fix and select the Edit Option (here you can see the photobucket error):

[​IMG]

The editor will pop up and now you want to select the option to "Use BB Code Editor"

[​IMG]

Now you are going to see the HTML code pointing to Photobucket, what you need here is just the URL of the image, select the URL and copy it - Like this:

[​IMG]

Now Go to a new tab and go to postimg.org and select the "upload by URL" option, paste the URL you just copied and click 'Upload':

[​IMG]

The following screen will appear - because the image has just been uploaded to postimg - You want to click the second from bottom option - like this:

[​IMG]

Now go back to your post your editing here on the forum and select all the HTML text of that image this time (not just the URL) and paste (Ctrl V) what you have just done in http://www.postimg.org

here is the original photobucket HTML:

[​IMG]

The new HTML should look like this:

[​IMG]

You can repeat for each image in that post - You can now hit the 'Save Changes' option and your images will be back ... the first 2 or 3, you can do it really quick, copying, pasting, saving.... My 7 page post which had about 50 pics took 30-45 mins.

Hope this Helps!!

John

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2017
    Syncro27 and Luckyphil like this.
  2. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

You are a legend, however are you now at the mercy of postimg.org or can you then save your images back to your hard drive on your PC

3. TheYorkieBar

In Photobucket, go to your album you have the option to download all the pics to your computer as a ZIP file:

upload_2017-7-9_12-32-25.png

Syncro27 likes this.
  4. TheYorkieBar

I was just lazy and didnt want to re type all my thread out...

Moving forward I will upload pics from my PC.

This was just to fix prior threads.... Hope it helps!

5. Luckyphil

Double legend

6. Luckyphil

I just downloaded an album but no option to specify location so where would the zip file go?

7. TheYorkieBar

By default your download folder on your PC.

You should get an email also with the zip file attached

8. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

Yes, thats the best thing PB offers - but they only hold your pre-download prepared zip file package for 24 hours. Done it and now all safe at home and will join my PC photolibrary file that is part of the routine external drive backup system.

9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice work, l've done it by just removing pb link and uploading from pc but thread completed and onto a nils thread that I've some photos from him I saved ;)

10. TheYorkieBar

:)

Onwards and Upwards!!

11. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I get an email saying "your album is ready to download", but when I click on the link and it opens the PB page, and I click "download now".......PB just stalls.:(

Luckyphil likes this.
  12. Luckyphil

Me too then after 5 log in log out it seemed to work but 1 hour later srtill says downloading and if i didnt want to stick around I would get an email but no email. Lucky I downloaded my 2 main albums yesterday. I found them under downloads as a zip file.

13. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Mines trying to download now.

Photobucket sucks right to the end.

I wonder if they realise that they will have zero customers within the next week.

Wayne murray likes this.
  14. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Sorry to be the devils advocate but at least the ones that are left will be paying customers:p.
    Hard to run a business on 'free'! They do have expenses like storage etc. Those whom can't work around the problem will probably pay & I bet there will be lots who do as that's the course of least resistance!
    Bit of the modern world.....get 'em hooked...for free....then charge them.:oops:
    The 'old in me' says nothing is for free! Pretty sure every one has heard that before;).
    Cheers

15. Luckyphil

They should have just said from this point on if you want to use their service then it will cost but they shouldnt have cut our links in 3 party hosting and ruined so many forums and businesses around the world.

16. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Google searches are free. They are paid for by google advertisers.

I assume that PB was thinking they could do the same, but it didn't work out that way......o_O

Syncro27 likes this.
  17. David H

They'll fix the links if you pay:mad:!
    Cheers
    Bastardry is always in the fine print:oops:

18. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

I agree slightly - I dont agree. - As Gru from Despicable Me would say.

They needed to say from the outset that this would become a paid only service from a certain date and I wouldnt have put so many photos through their totally crap service. They did say there was a limit in allowance from the start and i accepted that and did not exceed my limit. The way they did it with no notice is despicable and pathetic.

There were sooo many adds that they should have made a profit - obviously someone had their snout in the trough too much.

Their service was severely slow at best and deserved to be free or I would have already gone elsewhere.

Basically they sucked from the start and I put up with it because it was free - now they really suck and you may be their only remaining customer - good luck with their crap speed.

Grantus and Wayne murray like this.
  19. nils

nils Well-Known Member

Just gave this a go Yorkie, the postimg site works really well and it's great that you can upload a bunch of URLs at the same time.
    A little bit of practice and no doubt can fix threads up pretty fast this way. My first page took me 10-15mins.

Thanks champ!!:cool:

20. David H

Ah, the right to vary T & C's at the drop of a hat:(.
    Was never a customer from the start. Not smart enough to make it work & then realised what it was. Not on my computer! Sorta made it 3rd party hosting for 3rd party hosting!!:p
    Cheers (or not)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017