Flanagan Reserve SE Qld

Discussion in 'QLD' started by tomhic, May 26, 2014.

1. tomhic

tomhic Active Member

Nice very quiet spot on the Logan River about one and half hours [kombi] drive time from the Gold Coast.

tom

P5260011.jpg
    P5250003.jpg
    P5250001.jpg
    P5260014.jpg

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Love that last photo, looks like a lovely spot.

3. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Nice.
    That first photo makes it look very cold though. Hope you had a big doona in the bus overnight.

4. tomhic

tomhic Active Member

Yeah that was taken late in the day but had a good night; morning was a bit of a shock though. This was Sunday night and I think they get real busy on long weekends and school holidays but this is how I like it, nice and peaceful. The best spots are on the river but they were still taken by the Saturday night campers when I rocked up. The last shot was taken from one of the riverside spots. Not bad for eight bucks a night. First time I've camped on my lonesome since 1977 as Jacki had deserted me for the weekend.

tom

5. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

So what were the carp catching/killing opportunities like there? I wouldn't mind camping out with my son there if we could drag a few noxious fish out of the river.

6. tomhic

tomhic Active Member

My idea of catching fish is at a market but there were a few dangling a line and the weather is great at the moment. You could check out there web site and give the onsite manager a call.

tom

http://www.flanaganreserve.com.au

7. stusbus

stusbus Well-Known Member

We stayed @ Flanagans Easter before last was quite busy at that time of year ! They do have a separate area to cater for clubs, maybe some where to go for a weekend away ? Got a few good bush walks & swimming holes near by aswell !;)

elouise likes this.