Flat Rock Ballina

Discussion in 'NSW' started by nickc, Mar 31, 2011.

1. nickc

nickc Member

Here we are at flat rock tent park near Ballina, just been taken over by new people and cleaned up heaps. New facilites etc. You can have campfires as well! Strange how people hide when the camera comes out. This was just before we locked the keys inside and had to get nrma to rescue, took a while but the young fella did well for a first break in on a kombi (it's older than him), not easy and no damage.[​IMG][/IMG]

2. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

I have mentioned this park heaps of times to people when they ask about cheap camping around my area :)
    Enjoy your stay...

3. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

4. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

We've stayed there too - lovely place, but that beach can get really bad rips which is not good for kids (ours were much younger when we stayed there).

5. Subdub67

Subdub67 Active Member

Going to Ballina on Friday camping at this spot, hope to take the board but don't want to meet the guys in the grey suits. Anyone been there after the recent shark attacks? Fingers crossed o_O

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Not that Im aware.
    Sharks should be up for another feed by nowo_O

7. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

My brother lives in Ballina……he & his 3 kids are avid surfers….they aren't going in the water at the moment.
    Friend of mine is on the shark tagging/tracking crew up there & said that the waters were (her words….) infested with great whites…..
    Your call. Stay safe.
    Cheers,
    Mark

8. Subdub67

Subdub67 Active Member

Well what are great time we had at Flat Rock tent park, clean ammenities, camp kitchen and you even can have fires (in braziers) which the kids enjoyed toasting marshmallows, well more more like cremated ones. Walked down to the main beach this morning and thought to myself that if there were 2 or more out I would brave the waters. Well how wrong I was, walk to the point which is north from the tent park and it was PACKED! There was about 60 guys in the water up and down the beach, kids! surfer chicks! and grommets out learning. Spoke to a couple of the locals and asked how it's been, one local was quick to say " I get in and then I get out", so it's safety in numbers, great spot and will definitely return...poor whites cope a bad wrap, total respect!

ruby6689 likes this.
  9. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

You called it, you survived !!
    Win/win……..but the sharks are there….
    Cheers,
    Mark