1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flood Relief 2011 Kombi BBQ

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by baldy_pixie, Jan 30, 2011.

1. baldy_pixie

baldy_pixie Member

Well what a day thanks to Judy and Co for Orangising the day. Quite a few people with their Kombis turned up with items to give and a nice day in the sun with a lovely BBQ lunch.

2. baldy_pixie

baldy_pixie Member

3. baldy_pixie

baldy_pixie Member

4. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Lovely to see you all. Especially Nanuk - he certainly knows how to fill a Beetle!! :D

Thank you all for your generosity with the items and cash that you donated to one of the main charities that I work with - Desley from Sandlewood Projects was very grateful for your donations. In fact, the microwave is making it's way to an 88 year old lady up at Gatton tomorrow morning.

A special thanks to Baldy (Derek) and Pixie (Jo) for going out of their way to drop everything off at Yeerongpilly. You are stars.

Thanks. :D

5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

A Big Thank you to everyone who came...the day was full of drama's from the beginning ...
    As Terri said "Had a great day.....Harry had issues leaving the garage...so Sally made an appearance.. Gav was was a little reluctant to leave home on a Sunday and Mercy didn't want to leave QLD.."
    Yes I broke down ....again & same problem again!!....(the same as Curtis the other week)
    The pin comes out of the fuel pump & cuts off your fuel & NO GO!!!
    I was very lucky to have Shay & Jules travelling with me....
    Then Bel & Mick pull up in the Pimp Mobile....
    Before I know it Mick is sitting with Shay beside the engine bay pulling out my fuel pump....with the NRMA tow truck there on stand by, they got M running again...with the help of a few cable ties wrapped around the pump to hold that pin in &
    So a BIG THANK YOU to Bel & Mick for there tools & working on M, To Jules for her tools & patience waiting with me....to Shay for putting up with me Stressing Out each time that Fu#*@! pin comes out :umm:
    To Baldy & Jo for the use of the truck & taking our donations to the drop off place....& Kyra, thanks for approaching Give It for us & doing what you do....X
    To everyone today that shared my "Day of Dramas"....I thank you
    Pics:
    BBQ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG](

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  6. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Usual Suspects...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

COCO

[​IMG]

Baldy's truck
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Ha ha! Good to see that Jae actually made it into a photo for a change! (even though it's only his back you can see while talking to Kyra) And Judy, you're in sooo much trouble for the sneaky sneaky one of me on the phone... :p

Well, I'd call today's gathering a roaring success! Not only did we get to have a bit of a mini cruise down to Manly, there was catching up with KC'ers (and their respective Kombis/Beetles) that I haven't seen in ages; not to mention a decent sized load of donated items in the back of Baldy and Jo's ute. Go Team KC for the donations.

I'm glad to hear that they've already started being put to good use, Kyra. Hopefully all of the gear finds good homes. :)

9. baldy_pixie

baldy_pixie Member

Sorry to hear about M judy hope M getts better soon....

10. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Thats Baldy...M made it home on his own steam thanks to many....& is in the garage now....we are trying to find a way to fix this problem with the fuel pump pin...doing some research now in to it :umm:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  11. terbear

terbear Member

And thanks to Curtis..Harry is all good again... :)

12. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

good to hear Terri....go Curtis :)