1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fraser Island in a syncro

Discussion in 'QLD' started by Dusty Waves, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Dusty Waves

Dusty Waves Member

Some pics of a recent trip to Fraser in the mighty Syncro Trakka.

Standard road tyres were ok everywhere except in a few spots where the touristas had churned the sand DEEEEEP and v loose - and the "G" gear was brilliant in the rough stuff. I used the diff lock a few times too for the deep loose sand and it got us thru with lots of yahooing from the passengers and cheering from tojo drivers!

all told a gr8 lot of fun and adventure!

Getting onto the island is expensive - the barge can set you back $150 then you have to pay Derm vehicle access permits and camping fees (online before you go is best) so all up we were about $220 lighter by the time we drove on the barge at River heads. The barge at Inskip is cheaper but the 4wd track up out of Kingfisher bay is an adventure not to be missed!

sorry i didn't get any action photos of the syncro in 4wd - we were having too much fun to stop!
    Cheers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  2. Dusty Waves

Dusty Waves Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  3. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Great photos and an excellent adventure.

Love it and hopefully more syncro Owners will get inspired to use these very capable offroad beasts.

This is definately on my to-do list after doing it about 18 years agon in a Mitsubishi 4wd van.

Lucky you went before the monsoon hit!

Cheers,

Scott

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  4. Gromit

Gromit Member

Looks fantastic fun, did you camp in your van or in the tent?

5. Dusty Waves

Dusty Waves Member

Fraser Camping

Hi Gromit,
    i took my 16 year old son and 22 yr old daughter (mum hates sand!) so the daughter got the tent (complete with dingos for company) and us brave guys slept in the syncro.
    it's quite a comfy bed - if a bit short. I've slept in it a few times now and it's fine. Mind you the better half wouldn't agree ;p she's not as adventurous as she used to be.