1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front end creaking noise

Discussion in 'Steering, brakes & Suspension' started by deepburn13, Feb 20, 2014.

1. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

Hi all, I got a creaking noise coming from my front end of my 72. Only seems to happen when going over a dip or bump. I can also feel some sort of vibration or grinding on the clutch pedal (if I have it in) whist backing out of my driveway over the dip. I've jacked it up and had a look and turned the wheels, fiddled etc but can't find anything. Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Scott

2. Bensville

Bensville Active Member

yep.. its the front suspension. get a grease gun and pump the nipples til it oozes out of the ?axle? there is one in the middle and one on each side. Worked for me... make sure it oozes though as i had to do it twice.

3. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

Thanks bensville, sounds less serious than I thought. Phew!

4. Weekender

Weekender Well-Known Member

Ensure you take the weight off the front end to grease it - such as jack up and place of stands. At worse, jack up either side and grease, but be careful being under the car on a jack only....

5. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

Will do! Thanks!

6. chewtah

chewtah Guest

Something few people know, to take the weight off first or your only filling the boot.

73kombi likes this.