1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front seat conversion - buckets to 1+2

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Royce, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Royce

Royce Active Member

I want to change my front seat set up from buckets to 1+2 and loose the walk through. I have seen factory 9 seaters and panels with this set up but would be interested to know what is involved in the change. I have the seats from a 77 nine seater but the bulk head is a concern.

i have thought about the dickie seat option but as I am going for a dinette style rear fitout, I dont think it will look any good.

help would be good. thanks

Royce

2. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Best to shoot a PM to LOMBI as they just did this.

3. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Would like to revisit this thread as we are looking at seating options now. Royce, what did you end up doing?

4. LOMBI

LOMBI Member

LOMBI - bench seat photos

if you have a look at my photobucket site - under the fit-out album - you will see how a bracket was made to support the seat - and backing plate made for the back of the seat to hook into - and for the seat belts

You can also see in the other albums the finished product

http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt68/kenmaytom/

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

This is a great thread Royce, we are about to do the same thing, what year is your bus?
    The bulk head changed in 62 so if your bus is later then this you can only get a donor from a later bus as well.
    We have a 65 and managed to get a set of original seats and we just found a bulk head and walk through up north. It was cut out on Wednesday of a 65 bus so we are just waiting on a couple of transport quotes and then we will have the last piece of our puzzle.
    If and when you do the job I would love to see the photos.

6. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I just had a look through your resto photos, you must have a direct link to the finance minister. What a great job he looks fantastic, I bet he turns heads where ever he goes.

7. LOMBI

LOMBI Member

Yes Mish - it has taken quite a few $$$ - but hey it could have been a boat or a harley :eek:

Yes the LOMBI is a real magnet - everyone loves him - we call him the smile machine - everyone who comes into contact with LOMBI immediately smiles

Cheers
    Ken