1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrating electrical issues

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by Farky66, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Farky66

Farky66 Member

Hi all,

Having some major problems with my electrics after putting my engine back in. Iv connected everything up and put in a charged battery but am getting no output voltage to the front of the van. This includes ignitions, lights, stereo etc...
    Does anyone have any ideas of places to check? All i have done was connect everything the same way they came off the engine. The only thing i havnt connected yet is the heater fan in the engine bay.
    Maybe a earthing issue? or are there any major fuses or relays which I may have blown at the front end of the loom?

Cheers
    Lochie

2. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Are all wires on starter

3. Farky66

Farky66 Member

I think so..il check tomorrow as its a bit dark now. From memory there are three wires that connect to the stud on the starter and one wire that gets plugged into the spade terminal. Does this sound right?

4. Farky66

Farky66 Member

Ah thank goodness! you were on the money splitbus. The main starter motor wire was tucked away behind he starter so I missed it before. Thanks for your help!