Fuel economy?

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Jenny Frappell, Oct 7, 2016.

1. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

We bought a new Honda Odesy in 2015 and surprise ,surprise get in a side wind and it does much the same as Kombi ,maybe not to the same extent but it still does it.

David H and oldman like this.
  2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Coming back from the Snowy in the 80's Kombi got picked up by a gust & moved 3 lanes left & only stopped when we got close to edge barrier that changed the way the wind worked. I lifted my left foot in anticipation of impact!:eek:
    Cheers

chris taylor likes this.
  3. chris taylor

David I know that feeling well enough, when I first bought the bay window van so many years ago it was horrendous , real scary stuff, but the odd thing if I can recall correctly was the 56 splitter I had didn't do it and I had that for 10 years { or maybe it didn't go fast enough to do it}, but any how since I have put L/trucks on the bay it seems ok now or nowhere as bad as it used to be, or I have just got used to it .

4. chris taylor

here here, in the end ,does it really matter, I used to be concerned once but ,hell, if I'm going to worry about fuel economy I'm not going to enjoy the drive, if there is no great change one or the other then all must be ok.

Last edited: May 15, 2017