1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel injection conversion?

Discussion in 'Fuel System & Electrics' started by mr happy, May 1, 2018.

1. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

no bush required

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Check with Andrew.
    I haven't mucked with them other than refit so not sure.
    He will ensure correct parts.
    Grab a spare points and condenser off him to go in spares box.

mr happy likes this.
  3. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

No bush for the pump just a spacer.

I have used stock Bosch condensers made in Turkey, and haven’t had a problem per se, but the point are still throwaways before 10k. Some even sooner. Adjusting every 3k as the timing would change noticeably. I have changed to the petronix and so far very happy, but not cheap.

Adrian

4. mr happy

mr happy Active Member

Cool will order pushrod and see how that goes,
    Mr h

5. mr happy

mr happy Active Member

Guys,
    thought i'd share what i thought was a bargain for those who are in the market for a new set of plugs and leads.
    I snagged a set of NGK leads and plugs for $54 delivered from automotive superstore, leads were only $33, how cheap is that!
    Also supercheap have a special on their 100 liter sandblasting cabinet / sand combo at the minute so i'm gonna grab one of those aswell, $200.

Back on topic, i gave my fuel pump a clean up so hopefully the diaphragms etc are ok, seems to be sucking and blowing correctly when operated manually. I got a new pushrod and when i turn the crank it strokes around 4mm, couldn't find anything in the bentley manual, anyone know if this is about right?

Regard mr h
    1271A956-F82D-43D2-A605-0D501AFFDC96.jpeg