Fuel line connection

Discussion in 'Fuel System & Electrics' started by gussusbus, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Micky O

Micky O Member

Bingo. There is one unclear digit on the plate...

Chassis/VIN is now amended to 225 2 116 132. Which makes sense. It is a Microbus, martini olive (not the camper pictured here).

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

That's it then. It's a '75 (built Jan-Dec '75). Engine would have been an 1800 if there is an engine hatch above the motor. The CJ engine is from a later model.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  3. Micky O

Micky O Member

Interesting, thanks. I'm glad they stuck a 2L in it as I can't imagine how gutless it would be as an 1800. It's an automatic btw. Compared to my 2L 76 camper, the 75 is very sedate and also handles like the proverbial pregnant whale.

David H likes this.
  4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Handling is purely a matter of sorting suspension, steering, and tyres.

If the 1800 is a slug go over it to determine wear and compression. Then sort timing and carbs.
    Should be close to 2 litre.

5. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Having had an 1800 and a 2000 in Schmetterling be advised that there is not a lot of difference in performance. From 1600 to a type 4 is a step up in go factor.
    Lots of tin to haul around with a Kombi so not a sports car. Just roll on and enjoy the ride (and the scenery).

6. Micky O

Micky O Member

Yeah, those things have been checked at various times and seem pretty good. Carbies were recently rebuilt (all shiny like new! :D) and compression was over 100 per cylinder when last tested - though maybe another test is due. I did discover a few months ago that I wasn't getting full throttle due to a stretched (or wrong!) acc cable, which made a big difference when I fixed it. But still I expect a bit more out of a 2L. I'm guessing you lose a bit with auto transmission. Also I am comparing directly with my other bus which has an awesome rebuilt engine and custom sway bar... also extractors - I wonder if they help?

7. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Be good to have a drive of another device to see how it compares.