1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fuel t3 wasserboxer

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by Beyond Blue, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

When one of my original plastic elbows sheared off, I sourced a very similar kit to this one ^^^, locally from JustKampers.

The plastic quality was no where near the original, and a very poor fit to the rubber sealing gromets. I fitted one plastic elbow, to keep the bus on the road, and ordered this kit: http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_493_293/fuel_tank_reseal_kit_a.html , then replaced the plastic ones upon arrival.

It's like replacing the plastic thermostat housing with an aluminium one, the plastic coolant distribution tower with a stainless steel one, these are all hopefully permanent fixes, that won't need revisiting again anytime soon. :)

2. Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue Member

Now im starting to understand whats going on bert thanks for clearing that up .thats why the tanks rust on top especially in syncros because of dirt accumulation on top of the tank and explaines how contamination might be getting into the tanks as well through the seals ,will keep a eye for any leaks or smell of fumes . Im in the process of getting a landrover s11 foward control back on the road and it had seen a lot of offroad use when I removed the aux tank it had about a shovel load of red dirt mud in it through dust entering somehow what a mess to get out . Fuel injector cleener coming up for baby blue next tank fill

3. I have seen a T3 fuel tank with a slit cut into the top of it from the the handbrake cable continuously rubbing back & forth across the top of it......true story

4. Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue Member

Thanks grant all this is going into the memory bank , so much to learn so little time ......

5. Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue Member

Slow acting band saw .....

6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

I also went for that kit Grant as think it was Brendan (Special Air Service) who replied on another thread and you also that the aluminium pieces while not the same angle were the best option and to me do it right the first time was the way to go.

As I also pulled the "roll over" bottles to renew the grommets on the float valves and also the line to them a word of warning if you do - be Careful as there will no doubt be a lot of built up dirt and road grimes nestled down between the plastic bottle and the metal panels sort of "welding" them in placeAND the connectors on the float valves will be brittle and can break/snap very easily and without a spare one well there's another problem to find one (http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_1014_743/roll-over-float-valve.html) I was lucky to get a couple from kombisaint.

We're good at confusing people eh Jeff :p

7. Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue Member

Lol im allready receding guys I want to hang onto a bit of hair into my late fifties, okey in other words I have to use surgeons hands when or if I fiddle with this set up . Cheers for the heads up

8. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I have never seen a rusty syncro tank.

9. Mattyb!

Mattyb! New Member

with the due tank reseal, that Vans kit (Just Kampers don't seem to have a bundle any more? at least not that I can find)

Is the 5mm fuel hose the tubing that links the breather tanks? And then also replace all through to the Fuel pump? knock it all off when the tank is down?

actually I just had a climb around under there and the breather tanks seem to be connected by a rigid tubing, which I assume stays?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  10. Mattyb!

Mattyb! New Member

*edit* I figured this one out.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  11. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

I have seen a few rusty syncro tank straps - but I doubt the plastic syncro tanks would ever rust.