1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuelstar Gizmos???

Discussion in 'Fuel System & Electrics' started by Bay_Buddha, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

I have been looking at this product and people's thoughts and opinions on the subject. I'm a bit undecided from what I have read.

Many people seem to write it off but that said there are also posts detailing positive experience and research.

http://www.aapsa.com.au/fuelstar_reports.html

http://www.4x4web.com.au/skips4x4/my4wds/hilux/fuelstar.htm

http://www.immortality.co.nz/fuelstar.html

I'm not so concerned at the fuel savings... They would be a welcome outcome but I am more interested in the effects on my engine. Would they be different to or more beneficial than valve a saver additive?

My interest was sparked when I saw the product in a store for $100.

Thanks everyone!

Phill.

2. kombidaze

kombidaze Member

for $100 its worth a try!! the only way to know is to test it yourself after all these guys are in it for the money so i would take their advertising with a grain of salt unless you know someone who has used one and can verify what the makers claim.
    here's another one http://www.fuelmate.com.au/index.html a friend of mine has just had one fitted to his lpg 4.2 litre ford motor land rover he recons its the go, better economy, more power and no more upper cylinder lube problems. (at least thats what the blurb say's) the price ($300 for a 2 litre motor) is a bit daunting though! (his cost $700) might give it a go on my next motor rebuild if there is money left in the wallet.
    john

3. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

If they were any good, VW would have them standard so that they would sell more cars.

4. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

Makes sense!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Phill.

5. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Nothing is for nothing.

6. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

You would need to save 70 litres of petrol to make it worth the expense..... It claims to have been around since 1992 - if it really worked, it would be standard on all vehicles already. As it is, it sounds like rubbish - if it was truly a "catalyst" (by definition) then it would not be consumed.

"The tin changes the combustion characteristics of the fuel" - what does that really mean? How?

"If the Fuelstar reduces the fuel consumption by 10% then the consequential reduction in CO² (the major contributor to Greenhouse gases) will be 1,350 tonnes per annum. " - LOL!!!! "*IF*...."

"Fuelstar guarantees its product will last for 1,000,000 km, 20,000 engine hours and against mechanical defect for 5 years." - yep, it will do nothing for a million kms!!!
    (and withstand "mechanical defect" - strange as it appears to have no moving parts - for 5 years, whichever comes first!)

Sometimes, you can get extra nothing for nothing.... but double nothing is still nothing....

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  7. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

What else can I say but, "I agree".:D

8. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Welcome back Woz.

9. rally vincent

rally vincent New Member

no valve trouble in 10 years

I have run one in my 2l kombi since 2001 (i think, a long time anyway). Purely for the purposes of valve protection. No troubles as yet and I think that if I had run straight unleaded without either that or hardened valve seats I would have been in trouble at some stage. Have no idea about fuel consumption. Too many variables with dual carbies.
    I've seen all the consumer protection stuff but I reckon it would take longer than they tested for the effects to kick in. Seems to have worked for.what I wanted it for anyway.

10. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

And you would have seen exactly the same result if you didnt have one.
    Dave

11. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

Send me the $100 bucks and I'll pray to the kombi gods to improve your fuel economy... results will be better than using a POS fuelstar cannister.