1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gday from wollongong nsw...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by MAV, Apr 26, 2010.

1. MAV

MAV New Member

Gday all,new member,am fairly new to vws so hoping to learn a thing or two. :)
    ive owned a 77 kombi a few years ago but missed it after selling so just bought this 69.
    its a little ratty atm,but im just gunna drive it that way,and maybe restore it later.
    cheers,
    mark.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. OLLIE GIRL

OLLIE GIRL New Member

Yay, another lowlight!! Welcome to the club. You will learn lots here,heaps of info.
    Enjoy

3. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Hi Mark and Welcome to the Kombi Club :)

4. vwmad

vwmad New Member

Hi mark nice find looks good,you should pop down to berry this sunday our local club(shoalhaven volkswagen club) are having our show at the show grounds its a good turnout:) cheers shane.

5. Kombi Kapers

Kombi Kapers Active Member

Mark,
    Welcome aboard. I grew up in the Gong and with lots and friend and rellies down there it's good to see more Kombis from the area represented in the Club. And a lowlight too!

Get yourself down to Berry next Sun for a great day of VW's. There was heaps of Kombis there last year.

Cheers,...John

6. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Hi Mark, welcome to the KC monkeyhouse.:D
    OK, Illawarra & South Coasters let's see if we can get something organised for a cruise/lunch/coffee. If they can do it on the Central Coast surely we can come up with something.
    Any suggestions for a destination & date?

7. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

Good to see another kombi in the gong, where abouts are you located?

I go to uni in wollongong and always get excited when I see a kombi on the road down there :)

8. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Welcome Mark - great to see another lowlight on the forum, good stuff. :)

9. Friedo

Friedo Member

Hi Mark
    The '69 looks in reasonable condition.

Cheers,
    Mark

10. vwmad

vwmad New Member

Don my bus has no rego at the moment,its on hold till i find another job:( sux being unemployed:mad: PS theres a club meeting tonight at the pub again:) cheers shane.

11. MAV

MAV New Member

Thanks for the welcome,yeah i am planning on making the trip down to berry this weekend,be great to see some other kombis.

Im in woonona,tho the van has been out in albion park untill this week.Gunna drive it as my ratty daily driver for abit...

Its had a hard life,been stolen,then burnt,(drivers seat,headlining,dash ect),i do have the original owners handbook with the first 4 owners details,and full service history for the first 10 years or so,was very well looked after in that time....Its pretty good rust wise,but is full of dents. :)

mark.

12. GusW

GusW New Member

Dents are kinda like crooked teeth I reckon, gives you character (I don't have crooked teeth btw). Great find Mark, a nice looking Lowlight. Great colour too. Do red kombis go faster?

13. malibu

malibu Member

Hope to see you at berry on sunday Mark.Mine is ratty one with dents and rust. Dont forget the kombi wave or peace signs.

14. annie

annie Member

Hi Mark

Like the colour
    Everyday I see more kombis in the gong

15. wilzonegger

wilzonegger New Member

Whoah

Hey man, slow starter but just came across your pic. My bus is exactly the same coloring, but not a lowlight, think I've passed you a few times in bellambi, we should park em next to one another

Andy

16. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

G'day Mark,
    Welcome to KC, the Gong is aperfect spot to own a Kombi, ironically i had to sell mine when I moved there cause I had no where to park it.
    I like the colour and original character of you bus, it looks like a daily driver.

17. 67micro

67micro Member

wow good patina already just needs to go a bit lower. good find