1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'day To One And All!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by THE BUSRIDER, Jul 30, 2007.

1. THE BUSRIDER

THE BUSRIDER New Member

g'day everyone ! AT last I've registed, hello to all sunshine coaster's. I have had my 74 microbus for a bit over a year now ,have visited the kombi club site many a time but was to lazy to register.Met some of you(,adrian,col,kyra,greg) at perigian beach ,droped through on the sat. arvo, lowered orange 74 bus,my wife and I have nick named it the "Orange Hornet", some of you may remember the "Brown Hornet" off the cartoon "Fat Albert" ,we have 4 kids our live's are filled with crazziness so we thought the Orange Hornet fitted our van well. kid,s love the bus. next to be done to bus is paint ,this is happening in september ,still havn't picked a colour we both agree on. any way won't ramble to much more would love to catch up with you all again,espicially those of you on sunshine coast . bye for now THE BUS RIDER(NATH)

2. Damien e

Damien e New Member

Onya Nath. Sounds like a pretty cool bus and a great way to transport the fam (My Kombi is destined for the same... my 4 kids). You'll have to post some pics of its orange phase before you paint.
    Welcome.

3. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

Welcome Nath, look forward to your posts mate.
    How old are your dwarves??
    My lads are 12 and 13.

Ray & da Boyz

4. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

G'day Nath.....Welcome to the Kombi Club.:)
    Look forward to seeing some happy snaps of the Orange Hornet.

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Welcome Nath it was good to meet you both at Perigan and I must say your kids are a credit to you. Next time you will have to stay longer so your son can finish the footy match.
    Maybe you can make it to the next BBQ have a look at coming events.

Michelle & Adrian and Skipper the Jack Russell and Coco the poodle

6. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Gudday Nath - really glad you made it on here at last! Was great to meet you at Peregian, and no doubt we'll see you and the Orange Hornet (are you going to call it that even after you've painted?) at some future KC get togethers. :)

7. zimbra

zimbra New Member

g'day nath

G'day Nath - from another Sunshine Coast newbie with a couple of Kombi kids.
    What's your plans with the paint job? are you doing it yourself, or have you got someone lined up to do it?
    I'm just starting to get quotes for ours (complete job - prep + paint) and wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

Look forward to meeting you at the next Sunshine Coast meet.

Cheers,
    David

8. kombiboys

kombiboys New Member

Hi busrider there is a few kombis in caloundra we shuold all meet one day up here and see how many will turn up

9. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Welcome Nath and family. Hope to see you all soon. Dean and Deb

10. THE BUSRIDER

THE BUSRIDER New Member

mrs busrider

Hey guys, thanks for such a warm welcome. This is the Mrs of the busrider on right now, nath took about 30 mins to post his blurb last nite and was so excited when he saw all your responses tonite! Good to see so many of you guys live kinda close to us, yeah, it would be good to meet up soon and see how many of us turn up hey, happy valley sounds like a good spot to me. The ages of my "dwarves" are Jack (10) Joe (7) Kate (5) and Sam (3). Nath has been trying to con me into buying a kombi for years, his grandad had several in his childhood (naths) and nath has many happy memories of riding around with them, a couple of them on 2 wheels! We both lament that he never hung on to his 23 window split screen, as it would be such a find now! We have nearly decided on a color, probably going for orange again (can't believe i am saying this) metalic with a pearl roof or halfway up, not too sure yet. We are lucky enuf to have a mate in Mackay who is a spray painter/panel beater who will do it for about 1/2 of what we have been quoted around here.

nuf said kim, nathan just asked me if i was writing war and peace so better go, see ya round like a rissole....

mumma busrider:)

11. sunny coaster!

hi i am a young sunny coaster! welcome to kc hope to see u around!

12. hoops

hoops New Member

Hi Busrider, the colour scheme sounds cool!!!! We'll have to wait and see the final decision I guess.

Cheers and welcome to the KC :)

Hoops

13. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Hey there Nath, welcome to the Kombi Club! :)

14. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Hi Nath & Mamma Busrider, Welcome to the club great to see another sunny coast member we also have an orange bus "Otis" you may have seen him around. Would love to get some coast members together up here we were thinking happy valley great spot for the kids we have 1 ferral 3 yo George would luv to play with yours I'm sure! There is also a meeting at redcliffe this sunday we are going down, let us know if you would like to join us for convoy.

Talk soon
    Toni:)