Gearshift setup

Discussion in 'Splitty Tech Clinic' started by Mordred, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

An odd question from a bay man, but is there a method for aligning the gearshift on a split similar to the bay version which is "put it in 2nd make sure the first few inches of the shifter are perpendicular to the floor, then push the shifter plate hard over to the passenger side"?

Thanks

Adrian

2. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

What have you bought......

68BUS likes this.
  3. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

That was pretty much the method I used. Except it was not a clean and simple as that. I basically spent 20minuted tightening and loosening and shifting about until I got it right based loosly on the above method. Got there in the end and it shifts cleanly now.

4. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

No I haven't bought anything, just has some one ask me as they are having problems with selecting second gear. They also have a Scat Shifter plate on it which is going to cause more problems if it is not right too. All of the bushes etc have been replaced but something still isnt quite right.

Adrian

5. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I did have extra issues with the plastic nose cose washer thingy (I have no idea what it is called). It was cheap to replace and cleaned things up further too. My issue was with reverse not second though BUT it is in the same direction of the gearstick.

Mordred likes this.