1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

German Auto Display - Canberra - Sept 16

Discussion in 'ACT' started by Ben49, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Ben49

Ben49 Active Member

This morning I popped along to this event staged by Shannons. I took a few photos, met some Kombi owners, chit-chatted and came home with renewed enthusiasm. Then it started raining ...

DSCI0147.JPG
    DSCI0135.JPG
    DSCI0140.JPG
    DSCI0141.JPG
    The top light is off a 1937 Chevvy. Yesterday this vehicle was an inch lower.

DSCI0143.JPG
    DSCI0144.JPG
    DSCI0145.JPG
    What can one say?

DSCI0146.JPG
    DSCI0136.JPG
    This engine is a Krate 2.2 litre with a 123 ignition - I'll have to Google them as I've never heard of either.

Update: Sorry, I thought 'Krate' was a brand. That should read ' ... 2.2 litre that was delivered in a crate.' If I'd known that, I'd've asked the owner more questions. Oops :oops:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Grantus likes this.
  2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the pics! :)

3. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Covered as much as possible. As you can see it rained off and on during the day .Good turn up considering the weather.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Grantus likes this.
  4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Well done.......and not a drip tray in sight!:p

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Ben & Wayne for the pics :p some nice rides there.

Rained up here in Brisbane on Sunday so action day was cancelled for 2nd time = a bummer that no bitumen,on create or paved sites around up here to cover wet weather :oops: