1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting There And Back ?

Discussion in 'Kombi Club Bus Stop 2011' started by london_mike, Jul 11, 2010.

1. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Can anyone join the Convoy? I live near Bairnsdale and being mt first long trip in our baby, i'd love to join if possible. Let me know

2. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Not 'Just Anyone'!

Kombi drivers given preference, otherwise a bribe to the coordinator. Or just turn up!

3. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard peace_fam!

We will be passing through Bairnsdale and will be about due for a break, so it should be easy for us to collect you as we pass. :) Exact times will be worked out closer to the event, but it should take us about 3 and a half hours (or so) kombi-time to get from Dandenong (the likely meeting spot) to Bairnsdale, so we should be passing through around lunchtime.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  4. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Convoy

Fantastic! I'm so excited. It's been a while since i've been away and we're really looking forward to a run in our new Van. The mechanic has to stay home and work:rolleyes: so it'll be my 2 girls and l coming along. It's really great knowing l'll have company for the trip. :)

Does anyone have radios? I'm thinking of installing one in the van (haven't got a name yet - Chris says it has to be a boys name as its a Volkswagen!) Can't wait. Will tee up a time and meeting point closer to the day.

Yay!!

5. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Many of us have handheld UHF radios - in a convoy they are adequate (and inexpensive), although a full-sized unit would likely have better reception and transmission.

Only 111 and a ½ days until we leave! It will be a great weekend - I look forward to meeting you and you two kombiettes :)

6. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

7. kombiwomble

kombiwomble Active Member

Hi Peace_fam,

I went from Tassie to Mount Gambier last year and found the UHF and convoy great company when driving with 2 kids on board. It meant I had someone else to talk to and got some additional warning of stops etc...... I would have to admit waiting on the ring rd for people we had never met was a bit scary - but great fun.

Embarrassingly the only trouble I had was having to push start my bus at the first petrol station due to vapour lock!