Gold Coast/Byron/Grafton/Newcastle/Sydney/Goulburn Convoy

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by ruby6689, Mar 19, 2007.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Fantastic Natalie....nice to have you along :) .............Lorraine

2. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Gonna bring a 40 channel handheld in that case... can only do good! :cool:

WIll be looking at some CB's myself to p[ermanantly mount in BC after Canberra is out of the way. :)

Any definite word on a meeting point in Goulborn yet Lorraine?

Cheers!

3. Schmoburger

Gday Lorraine... got ya message lastnight. I reckon the COles Express at Sutton Forrest would do fine as a meeting point... after all that means more time to cruise with other Kombis! :D

CHeers!

4. ruby6689

Thanks Schmoo,
    Have changed itinerary to now included Sutton Forest instead of Goulburn............Lorraine

5. Takhoal

Takhoal New Member

Convoy people!! we need your help. please read this thread below, schmoo and myself have some goods that need to make their way down to tassie for the K4K project. Let the lovin start and stick your hand up if you got some spare room. :)

http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=5525

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  6. kom123

kom123 New Member

I would have driven back to Goulburn but not as far Sutton Forest. Do you know if there is anywhere near Goulburn (i.e. truck resting area or the like) where we could wait and join you on the way through without you having to go into Goulburn itself? Maybe we will look for somewhere when we go through earlier in the day and then ring someone on their mobile later to meet up.

7. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

The Big Merino! :)

8. Schmoburger

Schmo's fine to stick his donatables (hmm that sounds dirty :eek:) in the back of BC.... just need somebody to take em down to Melbourne until they can be shot over to Tassie.

But on that note, think it's all sorted now at my end... but yeh... any QLders able to bring down Tak's wheels? :cool:

ANd Scotty I'm sure we could prolly accomodate ya still! :)

I was just thinking, is there any way for you to stop on the side of the Highway so as that we can pick you up on the fly?... as in the convoy approaches... Mellissa goes on ahead, which is your cue to roll out and , we in the bay's slow down, and hence give you a gap to slot in nicely.

Cheers!

9. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Does that mean I'm driving up front???? Oh..the pressure..the pressure :rolleyes:

10. Schmoburger

BAHAHAHA.. that is the price you pay for having an extra cylinder! :D

11. melissa

Oh well...I'll be easy to spot ;)

12. ruby6689

I have just logged onto the M7 website link and signed up to pay my toll. We are travelling the complete length (from end of M2 to Casula) on Friday 6th and then again on Monday 9th, so I just requested that the details are valid till the 10th April only.
    Can anyone travelling this leg please sign up as well..........thanks Lorraine

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  13. ruby6689

Have just heard from Mish13...after our meeting today they have cancelled their planned easter holiday weekend are now coming to Canberra....Fantastic!

14. melissa

I have added them to the webpage. :)

15. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Thanks Melissa thanks Lorraine we are sooooooooooooo excited we cant wait to meet everyone.

16. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

I happened to mention Canberra today and my wife said, "Why don't you go?" :D

Maybe the fact that she arrived back from o/s last night to find the floors had been mopped, the bathrooms and kitchen spotless, all the laundry done and put away and the fridge and pantry stocked, had something to do with it! ;)

So, although the Kombi won't be ready by then, if I can get my self sorted out, I just might throw some gear together and join you. ;)

Melissa - no need to book if camping, right?

I don't know when I'll be leaving just yet (I normally like to start early) but maybe I can hook up with the convoy at Sunnyholt Rd/M7, so if you see a burgundy Commodore with VIP signwriting, say "Hi"! :)

Cheers!

Baz

17. melissa

Good news Baz! No need to book a campsite so just bring a tent and join in. :)

18. Doc

Doc Active Member

Go for it Baz, as kombison says "you know you want to", however a warning can someone take a bib as I'm sure Gypsywannabe will be drooling, better still I'll through something in the First Aid kit for him I'm sending with Lorraine.
    cheers

19. ruby6689

That's great news Baz!:D See boys what a little bit of help with the domestic duties can get you (ANDY ARE YOU LISTENING?)

Doc...I'm looking forward to getting your bag of miracle cures!...........Lorraine

20. Schmoburger

Better stock up my own bag of miracle cures methinks... Kombi ones that is!:D

I just used up my last tin of primer, spare condensor, parking light globes, and spare fuel filter this week... and I seem to have lost me spare lengths of fuel hose! :eek:

Oh well.. at least I have spray putty! :cool: