1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gold Coast Dub Club Show - Sunday 11th November

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by KahunaKombi, Sep 20, 2007.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi all been checking out the GC Dub Club site and their show is on @ Coomera on Sunday 11th November.

Will post more details when available

2. Hey Bert any more news on the GC show?? Also give me a call as I have lost your number.

Cheers Brennden

3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Sad to say Andy and I will have to miss this one, my parents are coming to stay for a few days, first time in years and they pick this weekend! Ah well there will be plenty more.....have a good time my friends.
    ....Lorraine

4. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Oh no what a shame cant you suggest they come the next weekend? This was the first day last year that we meet you and made the final decision to buy a Kombi.Wilbur came into our life two weeks later, it will be good to have him to show off this year.
    Bummer

Michelle

5. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

It's a bummer alright, Andy met Chopper there as well, it's a great show....we took both Maggie and Molly last year and everyone thought Andy and I had had a blue and weren't talking! Can't change their dates as they are booked somewhere else for the rest of the week. It'sa big deal for them to get up here so I shouldn't really complain........BUT
    BTW Roy...pack the sunscreen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lorraine

6. coastaldream75

coastaldream75 Member

aaah thats the weekend before Uni exams start! tough choice...

7. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

CD76 What choice, text books fit in Kombi's, im sure your dedicated enough to give some time to study while you're there. or maybe you could get somebody to hold the book next to everything you look at.

8. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

The Gold coast Show is still on.

The bus stop will be giving away a few goodies to those attending.

Look out for the Bus Stop trade stand :)

9. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Unfortunately we won't be there as it's our wedding anniversary, so I've got to do the right thing.:( You can send some of those goodies my way Rev, I'll need them after I move house.

10. chopper

chopper New Member

I'll be there...this year with a Kombi rather than drooling at the many on show!!! Ha, I forgot about that Lorraine...meeting Andy there for the first time;well, we've certainly had plenty of good times since then!!! Be sorry not to have you both there this year but as you say...plenty of other meets in the South East corner.

chopper

11. Roy

Congrats to you both mate. I have lost your number, when you get 5 give us a call mate
    Cheers

12. KahunaKombi

Just got ot check the GC Club site but no update - Roy can you find out more from Ross or soemone re the show seeing it is onoy 2 weeks away + it is Rememberance Day :)

13. BogBeast

BogBeast Member

We could be there

The Gold Coast show was the first VW event we attended (shortly after buying BB) so it would be good to attend again.

We shall see if we make it or not.

Here's hopeing.

14. Archeress

Archeress Guest

are you having a trade stand there roy?

15. KahunaKombi

Roy ususally does and always forgets the sunscreen so ends up red as a lobster

16. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

You have to take some time off........
    Relieves the pressure........

17. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Latest Details

Just found these details in the local paper

The VW show features all the VW classics:Beetle,Kombi,Karmann Ghia,Beach buggies as well as everything in between.
    Its being held Sunday at the Riviera Group complex, Waterways drive Coomera.
    Take exit 54 of the M1 motorway and follow the signs.
    The river side location includes a bar and bistro.
    Gates open at 9am and entry is $2 per person.
    Competitors pay $5 a car, no matter how many passengers on board.
    Theres a people's choice award allowing visitors to become involved, as well as trade stands,swap meet and raffle prizes.

I hope this helps to answer any questions.

See you there Michelle

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I know Brett has Wilfred that has a life of his own and is a bit of wet noser but when you consider how long Marley has been living on the coast and doin his own thing I believe Marley has a better life than me.....I believe there is a chance that Marley will be attending the VW show where I will not ......go figure

I am not sure of this as yet apparently an altitude adjustment may have slowed things down but could those attending please lookout for him/ he is kind of big and blue and Kombi looking and has a hawain shirt on......

Sniff...and if you see him....sniff, sniff...tell him...tell him we miss him we love him and all is forgiven just come home...

Sniff sniff blubber/blubber

19. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

It was good last year as there was a decent turn out with a good variety. Bit of a boring day as there isnt much to do there, and yeah, it was a stinker of a day.

Ash x

20. Roy

Kelly yes we will be having a Trade stand as usual, but this time with a twist !!!!

I have my sunscreen ready :)

The Bus Stop will be having a few give aways and the Kombi challenge of course.
    Hopefully we will have flyers for Klubfest 08 ready