Gold Coast Meeting

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by douggieboy, Mar 9, 2007.

1. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

GOLD COAST MEETING
    Following a meeting at Robina Tavern on Sunday 4th March, a small group has been working toward arranging regular monthly meetings for members centred around the Gold Coast. In order to get some agreement on how members would like these to proceed, an inaugural meeting is to be held at 9:30am, Sunday 25th March at the David Jones Cafe, Robina Town Centre on the Promenade of Lake Lido (Eastern end of Collyer Quays, UBD Map48 L20). This venue was chosen for its family-friendly environment and easy access from the Pacific Motorway.

The purpose of the meeting is to find out who is interested in such meetings, decide where and when they should be held and to decide on what type of meetings should be held in future months.

Come along if you are able and have your say. If you can't make it on that day but wish to comment on future meeting structure and frequency an opportunity will be given to complete a questionnaire on-line. Of course the meeting is not restricted to Gold Coasters and any members from SE Queensland and Northern NSW are welcome to participate.

Please lend your support for this new Kombi Club venture.

Doug

2. Kombiklown

Kombiklown Member

Great work Doug,

not only can KCers catch up, have coffee, feed the ducks and throw a footy around, after the get together they can also:
    catch a movie,
    do their groceries,
    stay for lunch, or
    buy their Easter Eggs.

cheers,

Allan

3. chopper

chopper New Member

G'day Doug,

Thanks for organizing the meeting on the 25th of March-I'll be there for sure.
    chopper

4. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

I will be there

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Well done Doug - won't be able to make it so hope all who attend will have a great time.

6. Kombiklown

Kombiklown Member

Hey all,

don't forget Sunday 25 March at Robina Town Centre. a chance for all GC KCers and those nearby to catch up.

we may even get a regular thing happening just like the Melbourne and Tassie KCers.

look forward to seeing you there.

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Will be there, will have some hand outs for the Canberra convoy...Lorraine :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  8. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Hi Lorraine
    Are you bringing Maggie on Sunday we would like to have a look at her back seat?
    You have done an amazing job on the convoy to Canberra wish we were coming. We have booked Wilbur on the barge to North Stradbroke Island, this is where we will be spending our Easter with some friends.
    See you Sunday
    Michelle

9. ruby6689

Thanks Michelle,
    Yes we will be bringing 'Maggie' up, she is going for a 'holiday' at Roy's Bus Stop, to have a bit of carpentry work done :) ....she's feeling a bit left out at the moment as we took 'Molly' away last week. We tend to use her one weekends only as I prefer 'Molly' to camp in.
    Andy won't part with 'Maggie' as she is his first kombi and has taken too much effort to get her up to scratch!...See you Sunday..........Lorraine

10. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Robina on Sunday

There will be some shade available on Sunday but it might be a good idea to throw in your fold up chairs for a bit more comfort and so we can be independent of the cafe. A pen would also be useful. See you there.

11. Kombiklown

Kombiklown Member

Hi Doug,

i'll bring a few chairs. any idea how many people might be turning up?

cheers,

Allan

12. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Hi Doug
    We will becoming down from the coast tomorrow,will bring chairs for us the 3 yr old will be to busy running around causing havoc I'm sure!:mad: Looking forward to catching up with you guys.
    Toni:)

13. kombi crazy

kombi crazy New Member

Hi Doug. Sorry i couldn't get to the GC meeting but I have been away for a few weeks. How was the meeting , was it a success. Am looking to hearing if there are any get togethers on the GC, althou it is hard for me because I work weekends. Anyhow, please let me know what is going on. thanks Jo (kombi Crazy)

14. punchbuggy

punchbuggy New Member

GC meeting outcomes

Hi everyone, was out of the country when meeting was on.

Was hoping to see some messages in here on the meetings success.

Can anyone who attended update this?

Thanks Stu

15. ruby6689

Hi Stu,
    Pic and feedback are now in event discussion area, the meeting went well, lots of new faces, sorry you missed it....Lorraine

16. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Is there anything on in the Robina area next weekend (May 4-6) as there is a chance that I may be in the area?

17. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Hey Stuis
    The only thing that weekend is on Sat 5th...its the Nimbin Mardi Gras Kombi Convoy...
    Hope you can make it
    Judy ;)

18. wasabi

wasabi New Member

Do these meetings still happen ? When is the next one ? Any kombi get togethers anywhere Im keen to get to.

19. scotty*85

scotty*85 New Member

4 years ago ha ha ha

yeah mate there is a few, a few guys have just set up a little thing recently, next one will be in a 2 weeks i think.....and there is the nimbin meet this sat if your going down im keen for a drive with you, have another mate coming from further up aswell!!

has anyone set up a meet for the nimbin drive from the gc to byron?????

20. wasabi

wasabi New Member

Im on the Nimbin list and am driving down to Byron Saturday morning, I am on the northern end of the GC and would love to try to meet up with others for the drive down to Byron, where would be a good meeting place? what time? I think it takes 1, 1/2 hours from my place.