1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings Kombi Club! New member here..

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Chloe & Sassette, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Chloe & Sassette

Chloe & Sassette New Member

Hello,
    I'm new here. Almost had my Sassette '76 Bay Window for 12mths. She was an impulse Covid buy at the BerryPatch Kombifest. As I am a nomad by nature and my annual overseas hiking trips got squished my next dream was always to own a kombi, so i invested in her.
    She's a good van, lived in her for 2mths and will do so again shortly. She's in and about Tassie as this is where I got stuck but hopefully will take her to the mainland soon too, depending on my confidence with her.
    I have recieved valuable info from this site many times in the past year but never thought to join as I'm not much into using the internet (so excuse me if I am slow to reply).
    Thanks for the tips to change my clutch cable, window seals and a bike carrier and roof rack....though now I'm not that happy with the roof rack :( oh well.
    If you see us in Tassie, stop, wave, say Hello.... its still my dream to pass another kombi in my kombi.
    Peace and Love
    Chloe & Sassette

Screenshot_20210209-153513_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2021
    Marlyn, Syncro27, Miss Rosie and 5 others like this.
  2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Welcome Chloe to the KC, Covid has been good for something, buying a kombi. Enjoy it wherever it takes you.

Chloe & Sassette likes this.
  3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Kombi Club Chloe! :)

Enjoy the ride............ ;)

4. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Chloe & Sassette,
    Thanks for the back story:).
    So where does Sassette name come from? Sassy?? ;).
    I used to live in Burnie. Where in Tas are you now?
    Cheers

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    MAP77 likes this.
  5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the party that never ends @Chloe & Sassette :)
    Confidence will grow with the trips you take and the adventures you experience ..... make sure your maintenance/service regime is adhered to ..... make sure you have an in case of breakdown kit (clutch cable + spare wing nut + bowden tube , accelerator cable, ignition switch, fuses and light bulbs are some of the things) ;)

6. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Hope you will make it to Berry Patch this year. There will be a few newcomers this year I reckon as quite a few have picked up one during Covid. Ill keep an eye out for you. I know of another from Sydney that arrived this week that has a similar paint job.

Adrian.

Chloe & Sassette and David H like this.
  7. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

8. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Tassie is a nice place to get stuck in a Kombi. Enjoy!

9. Chloe & Sassette

Sassette is the baby smurf the cute one with the Sassy attitude. As soon as i saw this van i named her, then she was mine a month later.
    Im around Devonport area for most of my time lately, will be down south for next few months, my first big cruise.

David H and TeeBee like this.
  10. Chloe & Sassette

Hi thanks a bunch, actually the clutch cable snapped just before Xmas in the driveway so its all brand new. Big thanks to Righteous Kombis for seƱding that down asap esp over Xmas.
    I have the best kombi mechanic here and we just had her on the hoist yesterday so i know that wingnut now and handbrake adjustment.
    Been slowly changing the window seals as they are nearlly perished... thats a slow job.
    And yesterday i put the bike carrier on so ready for a cruise down the coast!
    Its just getting used to whats normal with noises, getting her into reverse is sometimes a challenge and hill starts are a fear when cars sit right up my butt... ugh :(

11. Chloe & Sassette

12. Chloe & Sassette

The new roof rack; have to strap the SUP up there still and just added the bike carrier. Yay! Ready to roll...
    Except my driver door handle broke so now i have to use the other door because im off and havent the time, but its why i love the kombi teaches patience, appreciation and finding solutions to problems that arent really a big deal. Haha!!

13. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Why not get an inflatable SUP I have seen a few and they are fantastic and fold up into a backpack

14. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

I still struggle with these things!
    Very true!

15. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Chloe,
    You're truly a person that should own a Kombi:D with your attitude & you'll learn the 'what's normal noise' & what's 'odd' over time & what spares you should carry. Clutch cable prob first on the list but yours is new now;).
    Just stash a spare 'down back' when you get a chance.
    Enjoy the cruise down south:).
    Cheers

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021